7 replies to this topic

#1 ipolson

ipolson

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationJames Bay Northern Quebec
  • Framework Version:Professional

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

Today, PageLines Framework had a available update which I had installed. During installation, my website suddenly went into maintenance mode and asked to check in later.

When I did check in 5 minutes later, the following message appeared: "Fatal error: Class 'PageLinesThemeSupport' not found in /home/eeyoueenou/domains/eeyoueenou.visualise.ca/wp-content/themes/pagelines-iblogpro5/functions.php on line 13"

There seems to be an issue with updating the Pagelines Framework and the iblogpro5 child theme. This is the second time my website has crashed because of the update related to Pagelines Framework.

Please get back to me asap.

Thank you.

#2 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 2385 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

ipolson 

did you manage to roll this back via a backup and try it again? i just updated a site from 2.4.3 to 2.4.4 with iBlogPro5 as the child theme and couldn't replicate. 

#3 ipolson

ipolson

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

I am unable to log into Wordpress at all in order to access any back-up. I think the only way it could be backed-up is through the Host Server, however, I am not familiar with hosting protocols.

Some other guy takes care of our hosting.

I find it rather unfortunate that I always have to go back to him to have my website backed-up and have it resetted. This is the second occurrence caused by the "Pagelines Framework" update.

Can Pagelines Developers help restore my website or will it have to be the Hosting Server dude.

#4 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 2385 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

ipoison 

if we cannot log into your site someone would need to restore from a previous backup. 

if the theme is not updating successfully it would need to be investigated obviously so get a restore from backup and when your site is back up and running let us take a look at your site, debug it and then get you to try a few things to resolve the issue. 

#5 ipolson

ipolson

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

I can now log into my site. But, I would like to have PageLines Framework Professional restored.

Do I simply upload Pagelines.zip as a Template?

iPolson

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4978 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

Hi there,

Unfortunately Wordpress getting stuck in maintenance mode is a common problem -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You can resolve this by deleting the tmp files and then attempting a re-install.

If you download a fresh copy of your theme from your launchpad account at -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and go to your products, you'll be able to download a new zip file for the framework. If you go to appearance>themes and switch to twenty ten theme, then delete the existing copy of the pagelines framework. You can install this via the appearance>themes tab into your install.

#7 ipolson

ipolson

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

Got a serious issue here. I've tried re-installing PageLines Framework Professional template files, but the following message appears:

Broken Themes

The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.

Name Description pagelines Stylesheet is missing.

#8 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4978 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

Hi there, have you deleted all prior versions of the theme prior to re-installing? Log into your hosting account via ftp and see if there are any temporary files for Pagelines in the themes folder. Delete them all and then try to re-install.