Photo
- - - - -

Jigoshop Alters Pagelines Framework

jigoshop

Best Answer Danny , 02 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

Thanks for informing us that the issue has been resolved, we appreciate it.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 jwchameleoncorp

jwchameleoncorp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:59 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

After updating Jigoshop to version 1.6.5 (and subsequent versions) the frame work for Pagelines has been altered. I've attached a snapshot of what the website looks like when Jigoshop is deactivated so you can compare what it looks like to the website as is (activated). Pay particular attention to the footer and to the background of the content area. You'll notice the color is missing (light grey).

I have the latest versions of Jigoshop, the Pagelines Extension for Jigshop, and Pagelines Theme. The problem exists in all browsers.

You'll notice that the footer completely changes and the content background (to the left of the right sidebar) changes to white. The settings for the entire site have the same light grey background. You'll also see that the shopping page side bar and footer are messed up (

).

I contacted Jigoshop about this and they said that they've changed nothing on their end and that it is likely an issue with the Pagelines Extension.

Anyone have any ideas to what the problem might be or how to fix it?

Thanks for your help.

Jeff

Attached Files

#2 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:59 PM

I managed to resolve this by adding Background-color: white; to the morefoot area CSS. 

I recommend using Firebug or your browsers built-in web dev tools and inspect the Morefoot area to find the correct code.

For assistance visit our custom CSS documentation - 

#3 jwchameleoncorp

jwchameleoncorp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Were did you have layout problems on the shopping page with your site? My side bar and footer are all over the place after the Jigoshop update. If I deactivate the plugin, it looks normal.

Jeff

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

Hi there, your sidebar seems to be ok on the product page.

The morefoot section is part of the footer, so when you set the content area background in the color control tab it will color the entire content area but not the morefoot or the footer area unfortunately. These are usually colored by the background color dynamically using LESS from the color settings unless a background image is set.

However you can override this using css. Try the below

body.fixed_width #morefoot_area {background:#ffffff;}

and for the footer

body.fixed_width #footer {background:#ffffff;}

#5 jwchameleoncorp

jwchameleoncorp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

Hey James, 

Thanks again for the insight. Here's the thing, when I deactivate the Jigoshop, all returns to normal and the page displays fine. So I'm not sure that just changing the color will fix it.

After discussions with Jigoshop, they suggest it is a problem with the Paglines Extension and it's ability to do contect wrapping. Here are their comments below:

----------------------------------------------

We have several of these 'connect' type plugins for various theming frameworks, and while I'm not entirely sure what all it does, I would expect content wrapping as one of the main ingredients.

Yet, you don't have content wrapping for Jigoshop on your site and that is why the shop pages look as they do.

I've just looked at the source code for that extension and certainly if provides content wrapping. It has this as a comment that should appear on your Shop page when viewing the source:

<!-- PageLines jigoshop before -->

In my link, at the top there is some green text that is a comment, <!-- Start >> HTML Body --> ... and I should see the pagelines jigoshop comment in green somewhere in that page structure code.

Yet I don't?

I should also see a number of other containers:

<section id="postloop" class="copy top-postloop postloop-bottom"><div class="copy-pad"><article class="page type-page hentry fpost"><div class="hentry-pad "><div class="entry_wrap fix"><div class="entry_content">

Not seeing them either and they are part of this extension for wrapping Jigoshop content.

If that extension is activated, then these things should be appearing.

I have taken the code for wrappers in their plugin and used it on my site for my content wrappers and this is how the comments and container divs I mentioned should appear:

The header block in the plugin that I have states:

Plugin Name: PageLines Jigoshop Integration
Plugin URI: 

Author: PageLines
Author URI: 

Demo:
External:
Description: JigoShop fixes....
PageLines: true
Version: 1.0

This is their plugin it seems, and certainly at the end of the day it is a theming issue. We have changed nothing in Jigoshop that effects content wrapping for almost 2 years. That article I linked to for theme content wrapping in our Knowledge Base has been in place for that long.

I know that your site does not have content wrapping on the shop pages even though this extension is apparently activated.

I know that we have done nothing in a Jigoshop update that should affect this. The changelog for both 1.7 and 1.7.1 are here:

I know that I have done enough due diligence on these free community forums to be clear that:

1) themes require content wrapping to work with Jigoshop
2) this is their extension that enables this
3) ultimately it is up the themes to stay current with Jigoshop changes, not the other way around

------------------------------------------

I not a programmer and not sure I understand everything he shared, but it definitely seems to be an issue that entails more than just changing the color.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Jeff

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

Hi there,

Our integration plugin will handle the css for the theme, it will help the jigoshop plugin work with our layout and sections/features. When you activate the jigo shop plugin the page will use the jigo product archive template, when you deactivate it then the system will use the standard template set for the page, so there will be differences between the two depending on how the templates are set up.

If you could take a screenshot of the page without the plugin active, then the template setup for the jigo template, the standard template and the color control tab for us, we'll try to see if there's any differences between them for you that you could adjust.

I've installed jigo onto my test site to replicate the setup and it doesn't color the footer area along with the page canvas area by default. The background color comes through behind the footer text.

#7 jwchameleoncorp

jwchameleoncorp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:16 PM

Hi James,

I was copy and pasting etc., and wasn't sure if I was capturing everything you need. Then I thought, would it be easier if I just gave you a login? That way you can just look at it straight away.

Let me know and I'll take care of it.

Thanks again for your help.

Jeff

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

Jeff,

It's best to provide the screenshots as James requested.

#9 jwchameleoncorp

jwchameleoncorp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

Hi James & Rob,

Attached are the screen shots. I hope they are the shots you wanted. Let me know if you were looking for different shots.

Thanks for your help,

Jeff

Attached Files

#10 jwchameleoncorp

jwchameleoncorp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

More shots

#11 jwchameleoncorp

jwchameleoncorp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:03 PM

Hey James and Rob,

I tried uploading the pics, but the forum interface won't let me. My files are under the specified size.

Suggestions?

Jeff

#12 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

Hi Jeff

You can email in a login, email to james@pagelines.com and I'll check out for you. 

I'll put the details into the admin notes as well so if I'm not online so the other mod's can access to advise.

#13 jwchameleoncorp

jwchameleoncorp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:57 AM

Hi James,

Will do. Thanks for your time. I really appreciate your help.

Jeff

#14 myfrench

myfrench

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:00 AM

Hello,

I too am having a similar problem since upgrading to jigoshop v1.8.1.

Please see the following numbered and annotated screenshots.

With jigoshop plugin enabled, pages that use a jigoshop page template (products pages etc.) display fine and as expected, however all other pages on my site are not flowing properly.

Can you help please?  You can see the problem at www.myfrench.ie

Thanks,

Darragh

77.39KB   0 downloads

67.44KB   0 downloads

62.77KB   0 downloads

82.23KB   0 downloads

70.07KB   0 downloads

#15 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15076 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

@

- Can you please upgrade to the latest version of PageLines Framework. Also can you enable PL debug mode and disable all active plugins except for JigoShop please.

Also please be aware that PageLines Framework is now considered legacy and if there is an issue with JigoShop and PageLines Framework compatibility, its unlikely it will be fixed, as our focus is now on DMS.

#16 myfrench

myfrench

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the prompt response - debug mode is on and all other plugins are now disabled - let me know if you need a login to my admin site.

issue still happening.

Thanks,

Darragh

#17 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15076 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

You don't appear to have the JigoShop for PageLines compatibility plugin active. If you do not have this installed, then JigoShop won't be styled correctly. If you don't have the plugin, contact our helpdesk for assistance and they will be able to provide you with the zip. Please be aware that due to it being a weekend, you may not receive a response until tomorrow.

hello at pagelines dot com

#18 myfrench

myfrench

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

Hi Danny,

It's back on now - I've had this installed all the time - I just disabled it for your debugging and to make sure that it was not affecting the rendering.

It doesn't improve the situation.

Any other ideas? thanks 

Darragh

#19 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15076 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:31 PM

I recommend you remove all custom code you have added including your social network integration code, as your page has horizontal scrolling, which is usually caused by HTML not be closed correctly or being closed prematurely, causing an issue with your HTML further down the DOM.

As far as I can tell this isn't a PageLines related issue.

#20 myfrench

myfrench

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:02 PM

Thanks for the tip and support - It turns out the jigoshop featured product widget (in my sidebar) is causing the problem - have it remove for now.

Will investigate more about what has changed in recent versions of jigoshop code and report back if I find anything interesting.

Daragh

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jigoshop