Photo
Accordions

Can I have an Accordion other than the first one be open on page load?

Best Answer universalsof , 03 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

Thank you for your reply and assistance. I will keep an eye out for that update should it ever come available. Thanks again.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 universalsof

universalsof

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

Hello Ellen. Thanks for the outstanding plugin. Quick question...is there anyway (maybe using a shortcodes/hard-code over-ride) to have the page load with an accordion other than the first one open? If not is there an update coming soon that will allow this. I am using the Accordion as a secondary navigation and would like for the current page to have its Accordion remain open.

So far the only solution to this I have found is to recreate duplicate categories and accordion sets for each page. I was hoping there may be a more effective and easier way to accomplish this task. It would be great to have the option within each page to select a different accordion or accordion by heading or value. Thanks again.

Dave

#2 ellenmva

ellenmva

• Members

• 249 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

Right, so you have the same accordions but categorized by different accordion sets on different pages. The way Accordions is setup that may be the best way to handle using Accordions as a secondary navigation.

I did just update Accordions to version 1.2 where you can directly link to an accordion and have it open when the link is clicked on. Check out this forum topic to get directions on how to do that. http://www.pagelines...s-to-accordion/.

If you have a link to the site I can take a look and see if there is any other way to handle your issue.

Ellen

#3 universalsof

universalsof

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

Thanks for the input Ellen. I will paste the link to the project below. Yeah it seems I will have to stick with the current method as I mentioned and as you pointed out is probably the best option for now. I have searched for various solutions. The closest I came was to the WP Custom Category Page Plugin which would have worked I think because it allows you to customize each category page right down to the widgets and content. <<< This may be the fix for other users not using the woo-commerce plugin.

The problem there is that I have also integrated the use of the Woocommerce plugin and the product category pages aren't recognized as categories by the WP Custom Category Page Plugin. The product category pages are what I want to link to from the sidebar navigation. For now each time a customer clicks to a new category or same page in the existing category, the page will load up again with the first Accordion open. As a web developer I'm sure you know why that is an issue in regards to efficiency, usability and UI/UX. No issue with the plugin though and I can use it for several additional purposes including the sidebar - again awesome job.

For using as a sidebar, it would be great if that option were available maybe in a future release. Is that possibility?

Thanks for your quick reply.

This project is still in development but to see the functionality I'm talking about - from this link open the second accordion on the page (Home Decor & Art) and click the first link (Desktop) I have been customizing this theme using Pagelines and WooCommerce.

http://spiritexpress...ory/bc-general/

#4 ellenmva

ellenmva

• Members

• 249 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

Yes, Product Categories are a different taxonomy from Categories and so that is probably why the WP Custom Categories doesn't work.

I will keep your request in mind for a future update to Accordions though can't promise I can do it.

Ellen

#5 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

Please let us know if you still need assistance with this topic, otherwise I will close it in 7 days. Thanks!

#6 universalsof

universalsof

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:12 PM   Best Answer

Thank you for your reply and assistance. I will keep an eye out for that update should it ever come available. Thanks again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Accordions