Photo
- - - - -

Conflicting CSS for nav & primary links

Best Answer Rob , 15 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

Hi Sheila,

Code, as you have above, should not be posted here in the forum.  Instead, please use paste.pagelines.com and provide a link to that in your forum topics. Please understand that our moderator team are not professional developers and cannot diagnose your code.  For that, we recommend using http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/.  Simply copy your code to the "By direct input" tab and run the free validator to find solutions to CSS errors.

If you have errors in your code above the color designation, then anything after the error will not work properly.   Also, you are only changing the color of hypertext links to that color green. Other things may affect the a tag, and there may be variables in play also affecting it, from plugins or other settings.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sheilahoff

sheilahoff

Advocate

• Members

• 466 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:44 AM

This is my first day using PageLines. I'm not a coder but I've been doing framework based WP sites and picking my way around Firebug for a few years now. I'm struggling with this and I know it's my lack of understanding of the finer points of CSS.

Dev sites at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and

. I'm testing different nav bars and footer approaches between them.

Im using Simple CSSLite to style the classic nav and I've put in the following CSS so far:

It's looking relatively good. The problem I need help with is that the links are still showing up as blue from the default installation. I've set them to green in the PL Color Control panel but they're still blue. If I put :

a {
    color: #767b00 !important;
}

It turns the link green but it messes up the navigation. Anyone with more expertise care to jump in and help me sort this out? I've got to get rid of that ugly blue! THANKS!

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:21 PM   Best Answer

Hi Sheila,

Code, as you have above, should not be posted here in the forum.  Instead, please use

and provide a link to that in your forum topics. Please understand that our moderator team are not professional developers and cannot diagnose your code.  For that, we recommend using

.  Simply copy your code to the "By direct input" tab and run the free validator to find solutions to CSS errors.

If you have errors in your code above the color designation, then anything after the error will not work properly.   Also, you are only changing the color of hypertext links to that color green. Other things may affect the a tag, and there may be variables in play also affecting it, from plugins or other settings.

#3 sheilahoff

sheilahoff

Advocate

• Members

• 466 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

Thanks you so much. I didn't see that in the guidelines about not pasting code.Should I edit that out now?

And thanks for the tips on how the CSS works. I'll work with it some more.

I'm assuming the forums are both moderated by staff AND there is also peer-to-peer help going on as well. Is that accurate?

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

Hi,

Yes, the forums are moderated, primarily, and there is no limitation prohibiting others from helping with topics.  In a moderated forum, many do not choose to pitch in to help others. Which is why many who post in un-moderated, peer-based forums wait weeks, even months, for a reply.   We do have several wonderful members who are kind, dedicate time and effort and try very hard to help fellow PageLiners, but since they volunteer, there's no guaranty they will reply as quickly as our staff.

• sheilahoff likes this