Photo
Accordions

Add Anchors to Accordion?

Best Answer ellenmva , 16 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

Hi Jenna,

I've updated Accordions and you should see an update in Pagelines --> Dashboard.  If not go to Pagelines --> Store --> Sections --> Your Added Sections and the update should show there.

Once you have updated the plugin, go to the page with the accordions. Right click on the title of the accordion you want the link to and Copy Link. Then use that link on your other page. When someone clicks on the link it will bring them to that accordion and open it.

Let me know if that works for you.

Ellen

Screenshot_6_16_13_5_29_PM-5.png

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jennajonesdesign

jennajonesdesign

• Members

• 113 posts
  • LocationBillings, MT

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

Hey guys!

I got the accordions and I love it! I had been using other plugins for accordions in the past, but this makes it so much easier. Good work!

Question - I would like to add an anchor to each accordion in the group so I can link to them individually instead of just the general page. 

Here is the context - I am using this for services. I have the services listed in other places on the site and I would like to link to an open description. 

Hope you guys can help!

http://billingsgener...ental-services/

Jenna

#2 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 256 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

Hi Jenna,

Thanks, I'm glad that you are enjoying Accordions. Right now it is not possible to directly link to an accordion group and have it open. I did do a little research and see that there may be a way to do it though it will require me to make some changes to the code and test it out. 

Let me look and see what it will take to do. If it is something that won't take long and works then I can incorporate it in the next update. 

I'll let you know in the next couple of days if I can do it.

Ellen

• jennajonesdesign likes this

#3 jennajonesdesign

jennajonesdesign

• Members

• 113 posts
  • LocationBillings, MT

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

Thank you so much for looking into it! I appreciate it. 

#4 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 256 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:21 PM   Best Answer

Hi Jenna,

I've updated Accordions and you should see an update in Pagelines --> Dashboard.  If not go to Pagelines --> Store --> Sections --> Your Added Sections and the update should show there.

Once you have updated the plugin, go to the page with the accordions. Right click on the title of the accordion you want the link to and Copy Link. Then use that link on your other page. When someone clicks on the link it will bring them to that accordion and open it.

Let me know if that works for you.

Ellen

Screenshot_6_16_13_5_29_PM-5.png

• jennajonesdesign likes this

#5 jennajonesdesign

jennajonesdesign

• Members

• 113 posts
  • LocationBillings, MT

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

Wonderful! I am very appreciative! I will let you know if it works. THANK YOU!

Jenna

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Accordions