Photo

How to change position of featured image in excerpt?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 basis104

basis104

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

Hi there,

At the moment the featured image in the excerpt is shown above the post title (see also here: http://www.border-crossing.ch/wkkopie/):

featured_image.jpg

How can I change the position of the featured image, so that the text will appear around the image? I've already tried to change .post-thumb img to display:inline; But, it didn't work.

Thank you.

Edited by basis104, 14 June 2013 - 04:33 PM.

• assomibatrifs likes this

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

Hi,

EcoPro is a legacy theme from the early days of our company.  While we can provide some basic support, I should point out that our legacy themes are subject to crashing with some future WordPress update (sooner than later). It would be wisest to upgrade to PageLines Framework, which has settings for the alignment of the post thumb, and uses CSS3, which is much easier to manage.

Viewing the site in Firebug for Firefox, I can see that EcoPro requires changes to multiple CSS elements to come close to your desired alignment.  The way it is coded, positioning the image down also requires a change of the position of the image link, the position of the excerpt and modification of several other alignment.

My sincerest recommendation is to write to hello@pagelines.com and ask about any available discounts to upgrade to Framework.

• assomibatrifs likes this

#3 basis104

basis104

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:07 PM

Thank you for your answer. We found a solution and will probably update later to Framework.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

Glad to hear you found a solution!