Photo
- - - - -

Jigoshop shipping

Best Answer Rob , 14 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

Hi,

Quite candidly, I cannot properly answer your question.  PageLines only provides an integration for JigoShop to help it look proper within the Framework.

If Jigo requires an additional plugin for shipping rates, I'm afraid there is little, if anything, we can do or recommend.   When it comes to such things, personally I adhere to a simple policy -- you get what you pay for. A free or inexpensive solution will likely not give you the results you want.  Nonetheless, you must evaluate each product you add and compare them to the things you need most.

I'd recommend checking the Jigoshop forums to see what others have said or recommended.

Many apologies, but we don't have any suggestions for this issue.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pato

pato

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

Jigoshop (free) comes with 2 basic shipping methods: flat rate, and free shipping. They say additional shipping methods can be purchased from the 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Is there any other way to add shipping rates per country (and even city) to Jigoshop? 

I found this but it is $49: 

I also found this but not sure if it would work and it is $16: 

I'm really hoping there is a free way. And I'm not quite sure what the difference is between the $49 and the $16 solution. 

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:15 PM   Best Answer

Hi,

Quite candidly, I cannot properly answer your question.  PageLines only provides an integration for JigoShop to help it look proper within the Framework.

If Jigo requires an additional plugin for shipping rates, I'm afraid there is little, if anything, we can do or recommend.   When it comes to such things, personally I adhere to a simple policy -- you get what you pay for. A free or inexpensive solution will likely not give you the results you want.  Nonetheless, you must evaluate each product you add and compare them to the things you need most.

I'd recommend checking the Jigoshop forums to see what others have said or recommended.

Many apologies, but we don't have any suggestions for this issue.

#3 pato

pato

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:27 AM

Thanks for the very honest reply. It is hugely appreciated.

For this website, there is just one product to sell. I will check the jigoshop forums, but think they maybe locked off unless you are a subscriber.

Do you have any other shopping cart systems that you recommend that work with PayPal and that would enable us to ship internationally at specific rates? And hopefully that don't cost a bomb!

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

Unfortunately, all eCommerce plugins ultimately cost money, even if the core system is free, the extras you'll need to make the ecommerce work correctly cost something.

Personally, I've found that Cart Press works, as does Ecwid.