• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bloom1creative

bloom1creative

• Members

• 162 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

Hey chaps!

Im using the following with no issues at all to block these items from 'Username' admin, but allowing my admin to still remain the same.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

My question to you guys, is how can I target the pagelines menu items this way, as it doesnt seem to work using __('PageLines') which is what I assumed.  I also need to remove the top nav from 'Username' as well, so that user can see nothing to do with Pagelines.

I know there is an option in the front end, but I dont want to limit the other menu items from Admin > Editor, as 'Username" requires some Admin menu items.

Thank you muchly guys!

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

Hi,

I'm unsure what you're trying to accomplish using code, but to hide PageLines from the Admin Dashboard, we have a setting in Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Advanced which determines the level at which some PL options are visible to your authorized users.

Additionally, plugins are available to manage the rest of your dashboard and keep prying eyes (and frisky fingers) from doing unacceptable things to your site.  While many developers dislike plugins, it's important to keep in mind, sometimes customizations can be overwritten by updates.

#3 bloom1creative

bloom1creative

• Members

• 162 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

I am trying to remove the Pagelines menu item in the same fashion I removed the others, I simply dont know how to target it - I suppose the name or .php file would do the trick :)

As I mentioned I am aware the ability to restrict that Pagelines menu from other privileges, but really I want to restrict one of the two Admins, and am yet to find a plugin with this functionality :)

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

Hi there,

You mean hide the pagelines tab from the wp admin area?

If you set the user to anything below admin it will automatically hide the pagelines tab from them. There's additional options inside Pagelines>site options>advanced to hide more options from the user depending on their user role.

Leave yourself as an admin and give the client the next role down.

#5 bloom1creative

bloom1creative

• Members

• 162 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

Thanks for your help James, but I have found that some clients require the use of the Widgets section or other sections only available to Admins, which causes issues for me with this method.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

In that case, since Widgets are outside the control of PageLines and part of WordPress, then you'll need a third party plugin to manage the Dashboard.  There are several excellent ones in Wordpress.org.  Try this one:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Customizing code unnecessarily is a sure way of breaking your site, and causing more problems down the road.