• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mightaswell

mightaswell

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon USA

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

I am really loving PaegLines... As I use it more and more I find if difficult to keep track of whats on each template (which is covered here: http://www.pagelines...page-templates/) as well as various section clones.

It would be great if some how some sort of meta data such as a "name" could be applied to cloned sections. Particularly useful if you use Content Box alot..

Thanks.

Might

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:40 PM

Hi there, certain cloned sections do allow this, i think (not sure) it's to do with whether they're saved as a custom post type like boxes are, or just pulled from the page meta. Any css you need to apply to an item without a custom class you can use the class for the clone, like .clone_2 etc. But I agree it's a good idea to be able to apply a custom class to each clone, these are the type of things the core team are looking at for the next big edition. If it's possible (not restricted by wordpress or coding limitations) then they'll try and provide it :-)

#3 mightaswell

mightaswell

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon USA

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:15 AM

Hi James,

Yes, some do allow custom classes... I am reffering more about being able to name a cloned box from "Box #2" "My Box Name"... After awhile its hard to remember what "content" lives there and a meaningful name would be helpful from the Pagelines UI.

• anthalis likes this

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

Hi,

I like this idea too, and will suggest it to our developers. Thanks for the insightful suggestion.

• mightaswell likes this