Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

size of branding image in mobile view

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

When I collapse my site to mobile size, the branding image in the header reduces in size too much - it's really small (about 1/3 width) of the iPhone screen.

Is there any way I can make sure it only reduces to about 2/3 or 80% of the mobile screen.

Thanks for any help!

post-29229-0-77607000-1371149691_thumb.j

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

OK, thanks. This level of CSS is beyond me, alas.

Posted · Report post

Hi Aerta, 

Actually, the CSS is rather easy, once you get the hang of it.  Luckily there are some fantastic, easy resources online to learn the basics.

http://www.w3schools.org/css is one I love to use. It's an interactive compendium of CSS resources and will explain all the basics, while providing areas where you can 'play' with the code to see what it does.

Personally, when I first became a customer at PageLines, I didn't know CSS at all.  Someone referred me to that website and within 2 weeks I was able to code the style I wanted. Today, I have one of the largest sites using PageLines Framework, with over 250,000 posts and pages. Learning the CSS wasn't even a full-time effort. Just a few minutes each day, focused on what I wanted to do helped immensely. 

If you get to a stumbling block, we're here to help and guide you. Don't be discouraged.

Posted · Report post

Hi there

Yes you can, but you'll need to adjust this using some custom css.

The best to do this will be to use the browser specific css plugin which will provide the various browser classes for each device. You can then apply the css to one particular browser/device depending on the class you use.

For more information on the browser css plugin see -

If you've not used css before, see - http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/custom-css/