Photo
- - - - -

Poppy contact form close button doesn't work

poppy

Best Answer James B , 13 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

Hi there,

I've just taken a look and as soon as i click on the modal button it closes. So i seem to be getting the opposite of what you're seeings. If you could go to Pagelines>site options>advanced and check the debug tab.

First you have a cache plugin installed, which can affect with the results you see. Please clear the cache inside the plugin prior to disabling it. Then disable the other plugins to see if the changes take affect. Make sure to clear your browser cache as well.

There does seem to be a js clash with a plugin called restaurant rating? So test disabling that.

Let us know if any of the above has an affect.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mashav

mashav

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

I added the poppy plugin and used it in my site. The only problem is that when it pops and I want to cancel, I try the close button but it doesn't close the pop up screen. I have to refresh the page so that it goes away. Even when a message is sent, it gives me a "great job, your message was sent" but still can't close the window. Any ideas?

See here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks

#2 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 2469 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

Hello mashav 

First thing, Please try disabling all non-pagelines plugins and then seeing if the Poppy-form works correctly. There may be a clash. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

#3 mashav

mashav

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

Hi

thanks for the answer. I tried this and disabled everything but poppy and it still didn't work. I saw that the bg color changes to black, then nothing happens and then when I click on the screen it goes back to normal (not grey) and the pop up shows, then it's not closing. Sometimes it goes back to gray bg and it can be closed.. 

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:43 PM   Best Answer

Hi there,

I've just taken a look and as soon as i click on the modal button it closes. So i seem to be getting the opposite of what you're seeings. If you could go to Pagelines>site options>advanced and check the debug tab.

First you have a cache plugin installed, which can affect with the results you see. Please clear the cache inside the plugin prior to disabling it. Then disable the other plugins to see if the changes take affect. Make sure to clear your browser cache as well.

There does seem to be a js clash with a plugin called restaurant rating? So test disabling that.

Let us know if any of the above has an affect.

#5 mashav

mashav

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:33 AM

Thanks James, it worked. Now I reactivated the plugin and it's still okay, hopefully will stay that way.

thank you

Have a nice day

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:37 AM

I'll let James know.  Glad you were able to get it working!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: poppy