Photo
- - - - -

Can't access dashboard

Cant access dashboard

Best Answer James B , 13 June 2013 - 07:50 PM

Hi Pearse,

You're welcome, glad you got access again. 

There is an issue with the twitter bar at the moment. Twitter changed their api yesterday so it's now unfortunately changed a lot of the third party apps which used to tap into it. It looks like we'll remove twitter bar from our framework on the next update.

See - http://www.pagelines...-twitter-error/

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pearse

pearse

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.3

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:40 AM

Hi All.

I've lost the ability to do anything with my website.

I'm using Pagelines Developer and WP 3.5.1

I've been uploading information furiously to my website at www.sogrownow.com over the past few days. Just the blog section...no coding, no new plug-ins or anything unusual....except for a message I got a few days ago about a new version of Pagelines. When I updated, I recieved a warning that the old Pagelines folder could not be deleted.

This morning I noticed my background image, footer and morefoot bar missing.

I deactivated all plugins but to no avail.

I switched from Pagelines to TwentyTwelve. Deleted Pagelines from Themes folder via ftp and uploaded a new version of Pagelines via ftp

Now I'm stuck with Twenty Twelve and, while I can log in, I just get a blank screen if I try to access anything in the background such as the dashboard or settings etc.

Please help just sent out a newsletter and lots of people are visiting!

Regards,
Pearse.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4983 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:56 AM

Hi Pearse

Couple of things to try.

Using FTP or cpanel see if there's another copy of the Pagelines folder anywhere or a tmp folder. If there is, remove them.

In case of a plugin conflict causing the dashboard lock out, rename the plugins folder via ftp to something else, then see if you can get back into you site properly. If you can, then you'll need to go through each plugin to see which is causing the problem.

If not turn on wp debug to see if there's any particular error message being thrown out.

#3 pearse

pearse

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:37 AM

Hi James,

I re-named the plug-ins folder and I immediately got acces to the dashboard. I re-themed back to Pagelines and gave the plug-ins folder back its name. Most things appear to be working fine except for the Twitter bar but I will go through the plug-ins tomorrow to try to find the culprit if possible. I greatly appreciate your help and the fact that you got back to me so quickly.

Best wishes, Pearse.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4983 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:50 PM   Best Answer

Hi Pearse,

You're welcome, glad you got access again. 

There is an issue with the twitter bar at the moment. Twitter changed their api yesterday so it's now unfortunately changed a lot of the third party apps which used to tap into it. It looks like we'll remove twitter bar from our framework on the next update.

See -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#5 pearse

pearse

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:11 PM

Thank you for your help.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg