Photo
Twitter All-in-One

Twitter all-in-one not showing on page anymore

Best Answer MrFent , 24 June 2013 - 04:43 PM

The Twitter All-In-One v1.1.1 update is now live. It now uses Twitter's v1.1 API. Please update via the PageLines store. Thank you all for your patience.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 trevorcr

trevorcr

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
  • Framework Version:2.4.5

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:28 AM

The twitter all-in-one section is not showing up on the page anymore.  This just started happening since yesterday.  I am running pagelines 2.4.3 and wordpress 3.5.1.  The section is enabled on the page template and my setup options are all as I had them.  Is this a known issue since yesterday 6/12? Site is www.jaanc.org.  The twitter feed used to be at the bottom of the page in the content area.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:37 AM

As far as we are aware the public twitter API was switched off this month, I have moved this post into the store developer forum so the developer can advise further for you on the status of the section.

#3 trevorcr

trevorcr

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:57 AM

Thanks.

#4 MrFent

MrFent

• Members

• 237 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:40 PM

You are correct, due to Twitter's recent API changes, the Twitter section is no longer working. Please sit tight while I update the section using Twitter's new API. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• alisamski likes this

#5 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

Marking this topic as solved since MrFent is aware of the issue.

#6 MrFent

MrFent

• Members

• 237 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

I pushed a temporary update (1.0.4) that will allow the section to work in "Profile" mode using Twitter's new API. I will add the other modes back soon, but I figured I'd at least do the Profile mode now, since that seems to be what most of you are using. 

Please keep in mind that this is a new API, so the section's appearance looks different than what you are used. While there is some extra functionality added, such as the ability to view images, some of the display options have been stripped. A lot of people have complained to Twitter about this, and Twitter's response is that they are aware of the concerns, and do plan on adding that functionality back into the new API. Once they do, I'll update the section to allow for more customizations.

#7 alisamski

alisamski

Advocate

• Members

• 480 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS 2 | DMS 1 | Frameworks | Child Theme

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:49 PM

Where do we go for that update...?

#8 MrFent

MrFent

• Members

• 237 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

From the PageLines store just as you would any PageLines update.

#9 trevorcr

trevorcr

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

Hi, I did not get a notification for the 1.0.4 update.  No pending updates shown in the dashboard.  Was the release deferred?

#10 MrFent

MrFent

• Members

• 237 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

The update 1.0.4 is live. If you don't see it, try refreshing the store. (Button on the bottom right of the store page). If that still doesn't work, just delete the section and reinstall it from the store in Wordpress.

#11 MrFent

MrFent

• Members

• 237 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

And for everyone, I'm sorry about the delay on getting the other modes functional. I was in the middle of finishing the updates, and my MacBook's logic board decided that it was a good time to quit working, so I had to send it in for service.

#12 alisamski

alisamski

Advocate

• Members

• 480 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

I've tried both ways to install. Refresh and Deleted the section from the server... Inside store does not show up to install.. Please advise?

#13 trevorcr

trevorcr

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

The procedure to delete and re-install the section worked for me.  I did, Deactivate -> Delete -> then Refresh Install -> Activate from the store. Thanks for your prompt attention to getting this released.

#14 MrFent

MrFent

• Members

• 237 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

Alisamski, make sure you are logged in to your PageLines launch pad account (through Wordpress) on the PageLines dashboard.

#15 alisamski

alisamski

Advocate

• Members

• 480 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

Such a dummy... thought this thread was the twitter bar included in the core frameworks... which no longer works.. sorry.

#16 maxneirabeyondeconomicses

maxneirabeyondeconomicses

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:03 AM

Hi There,

In 2.4.2 the Twitter AIO was part of the base pack or a free section. It all seems the 1.0.4 "adjusted twitter API" version is $9,99. 

I have no idea what is your agreement with Pagelines, but it does not seem a very appropriate biz practice from this end. 

#17 MrFent

MrFent

• Members

• 237 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

You are incorrect sir. There were two sections. The free Twitter Profile section, and the $9.99 Twitter All-in-One section that had many more options for different modes and customizations.

My first priority was to at least get the Twitter All-in-One section to a partial working status as quickly as possible. The final updates were almost complete when my computer crashed and is currently being repaired. Once I'm done with the updates for the Twitter All-in-One section, I will begin working on an update for the free Twitter Profile section.

As I said before, please bear with me. In addition to no computer, my wife also had a new baby this week, so things have been pretty crazy around here.

#18 MrFent

MrFent

• Members

• 237 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:43 PM   Best Answer

The Twitter All-In-One v1.1.1 update is now live. It now uses Twitter's v1.1 API. Please update via the PageLines store. Thank you all for your patience.

#19 MrFent

MrFent

• Members

• 237 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

The free Twitter Profile section is back up! Please update to version 1.1.0

#20 bleuy

bleuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationHampshire
  • Framework Version:Developer

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:01 AM

I've installed the update (Twitter All In One) paying customer) and followed your instructions from within the plugin, however, it appears to have made no different to my websites.  The feed still does not appear, although I now have just a heading!

www.blueanchor-reigate.co.uk (it should appear on the home page, bottom right & www.royalstandard-wandsworth.co.uk (should appear in left column)

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Twitter All-in-One