Twitter All-in-One Twitter all-in-one not showing on page anymore

Question

Posted · Report post

The twitter all-in-one section is not showing up on the page anymore.  This just started happening since yesterday.  I am running pagelines 2.4.3 and wordpress 3.5.1.  The section is enabled on the page template and my setup options are all as I had them.  Is this a known issue since yesterday 6/12? Site is www.jaanc.org.  The twitter feed used to be at the bottom of the page in the content area.

25 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

The Twitter All-In-One v1.1.1 update is now live. It now uses Twitter's v1.1 API. Please update via the PageLines store. Thank you all for your patience.

Posted · Report post

As far as we are aware the public twitter API was switched off this month, I have moved this post into the store developer forum so the developer can advise further for you on the status of the section.

Posted · Report post

Thanks.

Posted · Report post

You are correct, due to Twitter's recent API changes, the Twitter section is no longer working. Please sit tight while I update the section using Twitter's new API. Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Marking this topic as solved since MrFent is aware of the issue.

Posted · Report post

I pushed a temporary update (1.0.4) that will allow the section to work in "Profile" mode using Twitter's new API. I will add the other modes back soon, but I figured I'd at least do the Profile mode now, since that seems to be what most of you are using. 

Please keep in mind that this is a new API, so the section's appearance looks different than what you are used. While there is some extra functionality added, such as the ability to view images, some of the display options have been stripped. A lot of people have complained to Twitter about this, and Twitter's response is that they are aware of the concerns, and do plan on adding that functionality back into the new API. Once they do, I'll update the section to allow for more customizations.

Posted · Report post

Where do we go for that update...?

Posted · Report post

From the PageLines store just as you would any PageLines update.

Posted · Report post

Hi, I did not get a notification for the 1.0.4 update.  No pending updates shown in the dashboard.  Was the release deferred?

Posted · Report post

The update 1.0.4 is live. If you don't see it, try refreshing the store. (Button on the bottom right of the store page). If that still doesn't work, just delete the section and reinstall it from the store in Wordpress.

Posted · Report post

And for everyone, I'm sorry about the delay on getting the other modes functional. I was in the middle of finishing the updates, and my MacBook's logic board decided that it was a good time to quit working, so I had to send it in for service.

Posted · Report post

I've tried both ways to install. Refresh and Deleted the section from the server... Inside store does not show up to install.. Please advise?

Posted · Report post

The procedure to delete and re-install the section worked for me.  I did, Deactivate -> Delete -> then Refresh Install -> Activate from the store. Thanks for your prompt attention to getting this released.

Posted · Report post

Alisamski, make sure you are logged in to your PageLines launch pad account (through Wordpress) on the PageLines dashboard.

Posted · Report post

Such a dummy... thought this thread was the twitter bar included in the core frameworks... which no longer works.. sorry.

Posted · Report post

Hi There,

In 2.4.2 the Twitter AIO was part of the base pack or a free section. It all seems the 1.0.4 "adjusted twitter API" version is $9,99. 

I have no idea what is your agreement with Pagelines, but it does not seem a very appropriate biz practice from this end. 

Posted · Report post

You are incorrect sir. There were two sections. The free Twitter Profile section, and the $9.99 Twitter All-in-One section that had many more options for different modes and customizations.

My first priority was to at least get the Twitter All-in-One section to a partial working status as quickly as possible. The final updates were almost complete when my computer crashed and is currently being repaired. Once I'm done with the updates for the Twitter All-in-One section, I will begin working on an update for the free Twitter Profile section.

As I said before, please bear with me. In addition to no computer, my wife also had a new baby this week, so things have been pretty crazy around here.

Posted · Report post

The free Twitter Profile section is back up! Please update to version 1.1.0

Posted · Report post

I've installed the update (Twitter All In One) paying customer) and followed your instructions from within the plugin, however, it appears to have made no different to my websites.  The feed still does not appear, although I now have just a heading!

www.blueanchor-reigate.co.uk (it should appear on the home page, bottom right & www.royalstandard-wandsworth.co.uk (should appear in left column)

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated

Posted · Report post

Hi bleuy, you don't need to include the @ symbol at the beginning of your username in the pagelines meta settings. I believe that is what was causing the feed to not appear. If you remove the @ symbol, it should work, but go ahead and update to the latest 1.1.1 version that I just released, it includes a filter that will also make it work even with the @. 

Chris

Posted · Report post

I have this problem again

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

Link?

I have this problem again

Posted · Report post

Www.pallacanestropiovese.it

Posted · Report post

Please try disabling all other plugins on your site and see if that fixes the issue, if it doesn't, please start a new topic on this forum so I can assist you further. Thanks.

Posted · Report post

Hi Camaran, it appears that you got it working :)