Photo
- - - - -

My homepage is not a page

page problems

Best Answer joshua22 , 12 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

Thank you!

It seemed that when I deleted the pages earlier it wasn't populating correctly on my screen. Maybe because I didn't refresh the screen or logout afterwards.

Regardless, its back working.

Thank you again for your help

Joshua

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 joshua22

joshua22

• Members

• 19 posts
  • LocationEast coast

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

Hello -

I am having an issue on my site jdsmsales.com. When you go to the site you land on the page "About Us". I went to this page in my back end to add content to it. I put the content in the page and clicked update. After it updated I went to view the page with the newly added content on it but there was nothing there. 

I created a new "About Us" page and added the content there. When I went to view the page it would direct me to the page that is the homepage now. When I would get to this "bizarro" front page I would click on a different page on the navigation bar. When I clicked on a different page the "bizarro about page" would disappear and the new About page with the content would appear. 

If you go to the site now, jdsmsales.com, you will land on the bizarro about us page, which seems to be the homepage. If you click a different page you will see that the "bizarro about us" disapperars. How do I fix this? I want to get rid of that bizarro page and add a regular content ready about page.

Another thing. When you are signed into wordpress, your dashboard tool bar is on the top. When I would get to the bizarro page, my tool bar would disappear. When I clicked onto any different page, the toolbar reappeared

Also, it says that there is an update available but i cannot update. Could this be the problem?

Joshua

#2 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

Hello Joshua 

In Wordpress > Settings > Reading - have you set a front page there? 

When i access your site i just get a 404 for the first page at jdsmsales.com

#3 joshua22

joshua22

• Members

• 19 posts
  • LocationEast coast

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

i dont know what happened. it seems like it reset itself. Can you confirm that the 404 is gone?

Thank you

Joshua

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

Hi there, I can see the about us page now, there's no 404 showing

#5 joshua22

joshua22

• Members

• 19 posts
  • LocationEast coast

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:51 PM   Best Answer

Thank you!

It seemed that when I deleted the pages earlier it wasn't populating correctly on my screen. Maybe because I didn't refresh the screen or logout afterwards.

Regardless, its back working.

Thank you again for your help

Joshua

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

You're welcome, glad it got resolved :-)