• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 levelup

levelup

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

Hello, 

we are having difficulties translating Pagelies Framework into Swedish, I downloaded the .po and .mo files from the translation project site and they work fine. The problem is that I cannot translate certain strings, most urgently the "By" and "On" strings on the post category page, the "Edit" link string translated fine. It seems as though the By and On strings are not taken from the pagelines .po and .mo files, as I have translated them there using Poedit.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

Hi,

If your site will be in Swedish only, you can change things like By, On and others in Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Blog and Posts under the Metabar language. It won't translate via .po or .mo because it's softcoded there, and editable.  Look under Full Width Post Meta and Clip Post Meta where you can modify this to Swedish.  See the image below:

49.69KB   0 downloads

#3 levelup

levelup

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

Thank you, this works for now, but is there any way to make it translatable by the .po .mo or would that need more serious changes?

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

These terms should be in the Translation Centre, though they may not be available yet in Swedish.  I don't know how others have done it before. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: translation, category, posts