Photo
WooCommerce for PageLines

ProductContent not showing up on Default Template

Best Answer ellenmva , 11 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

Correct, you can only use the Product Loop on the Product Archive and Product Templates. 

To use the shortcode you need to add some extra code. I would suggest to change the template to Template 1 and then put the code below in Pagelines --> Site Options --> Custom Code --> CSS/LESS.

.alpha .hentry {
	clear: none; /* Fix for columns not rendering */
	}

If you need to use another of the templates replaces .alpha with .beta for Template 2, .gamma for Template 3, .delta for Template 4 and .epsilon for Template 5.

Let me know if that works.

Ellen

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 adminuni

adminuni

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

Hello!

I would like to have the products display on my homepage (uses Default template) and although I have the ProductContent active in my section nothing is showing up on my homepage.

I did read somewhere that ProductLoop, Breadcrumb etc, would have to be active as well, but these options are only available for the ProductArchive template. Does this mean that ProductContent can't be displayed on any other pages except the Shop page?

As an alternative I tried using the shortcode [recent_products per_page="12" columns="4"] but all the products were displayed in one list, rather than multiple columns so that didn't work...

Any help would be much appreciated.

25cats.com/

#2 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 338 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:36 PM   Best Answer

Correct, you can only use the Product Loop on the Product Archive and Product Templates. 

To use the shortcode you need to add some extra code. I would suggest to change the template to Template 1 and then put the code below in Pagelines --> Site Options --> Custom Code --> CSS/LESS.

.alpha .hentry {
	clear: none; /* Fix for columns not rendering */
	}

If you need to use another of the templates replaces .alpha with .beta for Template 2, .gamma for Template 3, .delta for Template 4 and .epsilon for Template 5.

Let me know if that works.

Ellen

• mikezielonka, mundocaco and jennajonesdesign like this

#3 adminuni

adminuni

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

This is great! Thank you Ellen!

• ellenmva likes this

#4 mundocaco

mundocaco