Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Search button not working

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi if you go to http://gulfifinal.gladwynlewis.com, and see the search tab on the right hand side, you'll see that the button (search) is not working. What do I need to do to change that and add to the custom CSS to make the search button clickable and not only cosmetic?

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

It's odd. I've tried it on Firefox, Chrome as well as Internet Explorer, and the button is not working at all.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

You applied the search button as a background, not as a button, and it is extending the search field, but the search form doesn't cover it. As a result, there is no search button at all. Just the background of the search field.  You will not have a mouse-click action there as the only way to make the search field work is to type some text and press Enter.

If you want an actual button there, you're going to have to modify the section, adding a specific button within the search form code, with an on-click action.

Posted · Report post

Maybe you could help me out with the code, as I am virtually an amatuer. How do I create a search button, with an on-click action.

Thanks!

Amit

Posted · Report post

Unfortunately, this is an extreme customization that would require a professional developer to help create.  I will thus refer you to www.pagelines.com/pros as we cannot provide custom code to create buttons via the forum.

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

When I test your site the search button is working. What browser are you using?

Posted · Report post

The button at the side of the search. I mean not typing the search text and clicking enter. The button on the right hand side. I am using Chrome Browser.