Photo
BrandNav Plus

BrandNav Plus pictures

Best Answer anthalis , 12 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

HI, 

I will do my best to push an update in 2 weeks or so. Please be patient with me :) 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Kedark

Kedark

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

Hello,

BrandNav Plus is a great product. I often use it doing the right graphic menu level, leading to the pages sometimes inside, sometimes outside the site.
However, I have a huge request, I'd like to be able to use to create a menu but vertical. The big picture - logotype - you can then use them to do a few buttons such as 300x50 pixels and put them one after another thus creating extra vertical menu.

Has anyone tried something like this get? If it is a request for help ..

Many thanks in advance, best regards
Kedark

#2 nikopol

nikopol

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

I would like to second this request, I haven't bought this section yet but I definitely will if I can do this.

#3 anthalis

anthalis

Advanced Member

• Members

• 60 posts
  • Framework Version:Dev. Latest. Always.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

Hi Kedark, Nikopol,

BrandNavPlus was created only to expand the functionality of the BrandNav Section with those social links. People really wanted and needed that feature. What you want to achieve will require a few changes to the section's CSS or more complex changes, depending on how far you want to take it. 

I was planning on releasing a graphical navigation menu section - left and right aligned based on settings, horizontal and vertical layout, but my plans got thwarted as I am now involved in a pretty time consuming website project. 

I will start working on a pretty extensive update for the section during this week. My intention is to preserve the current capability of BrandNavPlus - the logo, menu, and graphical custom links - and add a new set of options for the graphical menu with horizontal/vertical left/right options. 

Can you guys do me a favor and tell me what features you would like for this menu? It would also help if you posted some links to the kind of vertical menu capability you want. 

What I am thinking is: 

• A dropdown select, allowing you to choose between the current BrandNavPlus and the new kind. 
  • Image or font icon for the graphic part with image width or font size option respectively. 
  • Include logo or not;
  • Include WP menu or not;
  • Alignment - left or right;
  • Horizontal or vertical;
  • it should also work with all drag&drop areas (template, main content, sidebars, footer, morefoot).

However, it will take a while before I am able to code all the new features and test the section. 

In the meantime, you can use a few simple CSS tricks: 

Make links vertical: 

ul.custom-social li {
display: block;
}

Make links float on the right side of your site (can be a good solution if you are using small images): 

ul.custom-social {
position: fixed;
}

If you are using wide images (350px) you must remember to adjust the width of the image in the Icon Width area under PageLines > Site OPtions > BrandNavPlus to 350.

Try it out and let me know how it went. If you need more assistance, you will need to give me the link to your site so that I can see what you've done and inspect your CSS in order to help you further.

#4 Kedark

Kedark

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

Hi Anthalis

If BrandNav Plus it will be all about what you wrote, it will be one of the best products of PageLines. That's what I just ran out of the ability to place BrandNav in other places on the site and the possibility of creating a graphic vertical menu (perhaps giving the width and height of the buttons). It will then gave an amazing opportunity!
But if you manage to do all of what you wrote;-))) will be even better!

Thank you very much for your willingness and the ability to expand this section! I'm looking forward to it!
Yours sincerely,
Kedark

#5 anthalis

anthalis

Advanced Member

• Members

• 60 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:14 PM   Best Answer

HI, 

I will do my best to push an update in 2 weeks or so. Please be patient with me :) 

#6 Kedark

Kedark

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

Wonderful, wonderful .. I'll be waiting!
I am impressed with your work .. and approach!

Best wishes ..
Kedark.

#7 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

Marking this as solved for now. Feel free to continue discussion of your future product here. :)

#8 anthalis

anthalis

Advanced Member

• Members

• 60 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:45 PM

Thank you, Jenny :)

• Jenny likes this

#9 anthalis

anthalis

Advanced Member

• Members

• 60 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

Hi Kedark,

A quick update on the project (if you're following this forum)

I have a rough version of the new features, among which: 

• 22 pre-defined layouts, some of which allow you further choice of alignment for logo, custom links and wp menu, while 6 of them allow vertical layout for the custom links;
  • color options - link and link background color for both menu and graph/socials menu, hover & current page color for the link and the link background;
  • the "social links" from the previous version can now also be text & html, including FontAwesome icons;
  • you can set the font size for the text&html links;
  • you can choose to hide the Logo, WP Menu or custom links menu;
  • both menus now have their own native capability for mobile menus, so you won't need a third party plugin; 
  • the "social links" menu gives you the option to choose a vertical or horizontal layout on mobile, whichever you like best based on the shape of your images;

Now, the thing is this version has a huge amount of new features and I have not been able to test all of them, or brush up the css. It still needs most of the media queries. 

The style of the menus is very basic - other than the positioning and color options I tried to keep the whole thing simple so that people don't have to overwrite my styling. Obviously, the markup is different for the new options, so you will need to re-do your styling if updating the section on a live site and enabling the new options. 

The old capabilities are present, with a few minor changes - configuring the section will be done under PageLines > Page Options and in each page individually, as there were repeated requests for cloning. Also, I changed the select menu for number of links to a text area so you and other users can add as many links as you wish without having to customise the section. 

I hope to be able to push the update later this week or, worst case scenario at the beginning of next week. If you need the section for current projects before then, leave me a message in this forum and we will find a way to get it to you. 

All the best,

#10 harrylime

harrylime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:04 AM

Hi Anthalis,

Has this update been done for BrandNav Plus? I would love to pick that up too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BrandNav Plus