Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collapse content with Bootstrap

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi I am looking for an 'accordion' like approach that can be applied to individual sections of page content and work as a shortcode. A full accordion which does have a pagelines shortcode [pl_accordion] is not what I want as it collapses any other open sections and looks as though it does not like being used more than once on a page..

It is possible to code this directly calling bootstrap as follows:

<a href="#" data-toggle="collapse" data-target="#demo3">click to reveal text 1</a>
<div id="demo3" class="collapse out">text 1 to reveal contained here!</div>
<br />
<a href="#" data-toggle="collapse" data-target="#demo4">click to reveal text 2</a>
<div id="demo4" class="collapse out">text 2 reveal contained here!</div>

The problem here is that each pairing (target / id) has to be set up by hand and as it's incremented and used HTML it is not sensible to give to end users to maintain. Much better would be a shortcode spproach which just sorted out correctly identifying the content area to expand or collapse and somehow handled incrementing id's in the background. Ideally in a form such as:

[pl_collapse title="click to reveal text 1"]

text 1 to reveal contained here!

[/pl_collapse]

I see there is a 'collapser' section in the store, but this looks to create custom post types, one per set of content, and offer much more by way of features and sophistication than I need. I am trying to keep all the content on one page!

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Yes it is possible, but not with the code you have. Please see http://demo.pagelines.me/tools/ and look for Accordion.  That's the proper code (an example given there) to create collapsible or accordion effects.

Posted · Report post

Hi Rob.

I can't have made myself clear. I am familiar with the Accordion. It allows one section of content in a group to be open at a time. I need independent sections, each section consisting of a 'title' and 'body'. Click on title to toggle open or close the section without reference to the status of other sections on the page.

Posted · Report post

Oh and setting up two accordions each with only one content pair does not seem to work - as this is an approach I have tried

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Sorry if I misunderstood.  If you need that much customization, I think you'll need a pro developer. I've been able to add several accordions to a page, each with a number of panels, without trouble.  I'm unclear what the problem is, but if the content of the individual accordions is different, there should be no issues.

Posted · Report post

Ah OK... perhaps there is a conflict with another plugin somwehere... The follwing test to try to get more than one accordion on a page does not work for me as the top one is always the one which toggles to open or close regardless of which is clicked despite having separate names.

[pl_accordion name="acc1"]
[pl_accordioncontent name="acc1" heading="title 1"]
body area 1
[/pl_accordioncontent]
[/pl_accordion]

[pl_accordion name="acc2"]
[pl_accordioncontent name="acc2"  heading="title 2"]
body area 2
[/pl_accordioncontent]
[/pl_accordion]

Posted · Report post

Wrap each grouping in [pl_raw]accordion group xx[/pl_raw] and see if that helps break each group.

Posted · Report post

No difference when wrapped. The top one is triggered regardless of which is clicked on.

Posted · Report post

Thanks - I see where I was going wrong with multiple accordions now. They MUST include unique 'number' parameters in the content code. The following works:

[pl_accordion name="acc1"]
[pl_accordioncontent name="acc1" number="11" heading="title 1"]
body area 1
[/pl_accordioncontent]
[/pl_accordion]

[pl_accordion name="acc2"]
[pl_accordioncontent name="acc2" number="12" heading="title 2"]
body area 2
[/pl_accordioncontent]
[/pl_accordion]