Photo
- - - - -

Site crashes with plugins...

plugin crashes error messages site crash fatal error

Best Answer Rob , 12 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

Look in Dashboard > PageLines > Store > Sections  under Your Sections.  It probably just needs activation.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jasonr101

jasonr101

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Framework Version:2

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:25 AM

Hi there, I am relatively new to Pagelines Framework having recently upgraded from PRO.

I am having error messages and site crashes when installing some plugins. I know I can disable the plugin and get the site up again but it is happening with Pagelines plugings too.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 561887 bytes) in /home/eco1632/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-googlefonts/pagelines-googlefonts.php on line 61

Please see details below...site currently active and working minus the plugings I want to activate :)

Is this a memory issue with the web hoster???

Website URL: www.ecommerceconsultancygroup.com.au

Framework Version: Latest Pagelines Responsive Framework

WordPress Version: 3.5.1

Plugins in Use: All in one SEO, Google Analytics, Pagelines Google  Fonts, Post type Order WP-CRM

Server/Host: Pete Garnish Web Hosting -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

? Not sure if this is 100% right

Screenshots:

Details: Having a lot of trouble installing extensions with the following error message or similar depending on the extension crashing the site and brining up these types of errors. I have to go and disable a/the plugin to bring the site back up - even with Pagelines extensions like Salebar and Gadget

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 561887 bytes) in /home/eco1632/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-googlefonts/pagelines-googlefonts.php on line 61

#2 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 2376 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:31 AM

Hello Jason 

Please could you go to Pagelines > Site Options > Advanced and enable pagelines debug please. Let us know when you have done this and we can investigate further. 

#3 jasonr101

jasonr101

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:53 AM

Thanks Martin, I have enabled this for you. Thanks in advance for your assistance with this...

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

Hello Jason,

Please note that although this error shows a PageLines product, it's only displaying it because that's where the error triggered, though the error isn't in PageLines' code.

Your error is generated by insufficient memory allocated to PHP resources. Based on the size of your site, traffic, etc, you obviously need more memory allocated to PHP.  You can see in the error that the site was called upon to use 561887 bytes out of 32Mb.  That means the other 32Mb were already in use, so the plugin couldn't find sufficient memory to fully function and threw an error.

You can resolve this by asking your host to increase the memory allocation from 32Mb to at least 64Mb (the max is 256Mb).

The root cause however, could be something totally unrelated to PageLines, such as botnets seeking access to your admin.  Make sure you have the latest possible security, and have changed your admin user ID to anything other than the word admin or a related phrase or word.   That's how the botnets hit the sites, looking for that user ID and common variable passwords.

#5 jasonr101

jasonr101

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

Hi Rob, thanks for this quick response, I thought this could be the problem having seen some similar but not exactly the same issues in the forum previously. I will contact the host and request a PHP memory allocation increase.

I hope to be able to report that this solves my issue!

Should I now untick the Pagelines debug in advanced settings?

Kind regards

Jason

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4978 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:39 PM

Hi Jason, yes you can untick debug now :-)

Please let us know if upping the memory does resolve the problem, we'll leave this thread open for you to come back.

#7 jasonr101

jasonr101

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

Great have done and will do:)

#8 jasonr101

jasonr101

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:11 AM

Hi, I have found out that the server I am hosted on can not be upgraded, so I will need to look elsewhere for my hosting. 

Any recommendations?

Ps. I have downloaded the Pricing columns plugin but it is not appearing in the list?

When I try to download it gain, it says that the destination file already exists - but I can't find it?

#9 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:37 AM   Best Answer

Look in Dashboard > PageLines > Store > Sections  under Your Sections.  It probably just needs activation.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: plugin crashes, error messages, site crash, fatal error