3 replies to this topic

#1 margeaux7

margeaux7

• Members

• 118 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Scroll to middle of page. There are three posts there.

When I use Firebug I am able to impact the vertical padding in my posts. But, when I paste the exact code into custom CSS nothing happens even if I include !important. What I am trying to do is diminish the amount of space between the date and content and then add some space after the content and before the title of the next post. Here is what I added and I got a error message.

.mcolumn-pad > *:last-child, .copy-pad > *:last-child, .scolumn-pad > *:last-child, .sidebar_widgets > *:last-child, .entry_content > *:last-child, .post-excerpt > *:last-child {
    margin-bottom: 10px !important;
}
.mcolumn-pad > *:first-child, .copy-pad > *:first-child, .scolumn-pad > *:first-child, .sidebar_widgets > *:first-child, .entry_content > *:first-child, .post-excerpt > *:first-child {
    margin-top: -20px !important;
}

Thank you for taking the time to assist me.

#2 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 2497 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

please can you provide the error message you received 

#3 margeaux7

margeaux7

• Members

• 118 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

Martin,

I was getting a CSS LESS error message and it was not working. I pasted the above code into my custom code a few seconds ago and it is working except I am losing the top portions of my two sidebars. I am so close but so far away!!! I tried removing the s column references and broke the whole thing. So you can see that the above code causes my two sidebars to be truncated. Thank you Martin.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4983 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

Hi there, looking at the code provided in your first post and then at the page it doesn't look like you're looking at the correct area in the inspector.

For example if you're looking to edit the space under the title, you'll need to go right into the element in the inspector to see the class for the section. Example below shows there's currently 6px padding at the bottom etc.

.post-meta .post-title-section {
    padding-bottom6px;
}

If you roll the cursor over the elements in the html on the left, you'll see which parts they affect as they'll highlight in the main browser window, that way you can check you're targeting the correct part. It also shows where the padding/margins are applied by highlighting them in dark blue or yellow.

Example -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content