Photo
- - - - -

Links not working in sidebar

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 elyons3683

elyons3683

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:31 AM

I am using iBlogPro 3.0, and the links that I'm trying to setup in my sidebar widgets aren't working. I have several images that are intended to link to outside sites (such as my twitter page, facebook page, donation site on a charitable organization's page, signup for my feedburner account, etc.). When you roll over the images, the correct link is displayed. However, when you click on them nothing happens. What do I need to do to make this functionality work? My blog is www.ElizabethLyons.com/blog and the issue exists in the right-hand sidebar. Thank you! :)

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:42 AM

Hi,

I checked the source and there's an error located right before the Twitter button link code. It looks like this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

If you added this to the widget to center the buttons, you need to add the ">" sign (without the quotation marks, of course) after "center" and then save so it looks like this:

#3 elyons3683

elyons3683

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:20 AM

Catrina, Thank you so much! Unfortunately, the links still aren't doing anything when they're clicked on even after making that change. The very first button that should work as a click-thru link is the orange button that says Click to Donate or Learn More. Any other suggestions? THANK YOU!

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 02:29 AM

Hello, I'm finding that the problem doesn't have to do with what you're putting in the sidebar, but there is just something that's making it so that when you mouse over the sidebar, the hand cursor shows up as if there's a link somewhere (even though there isn't). Did you make any changes to the theme prior to this problem happening?

#5 elyons3683

elyons3683

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 04:26 PM

No, I didn't make any changes. Is it something in the sidebar code itself? There is a link in the code (I put it in with the

code) but it's not working the way it does everywhere else on the site.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:51 PM

Hi, I'm not familiar with your version of iBlogPro since it's the previous version and I only stepped on recently, so I'll forward this to someone who is more knowledgeable about it.

#7 elyons3683

elyons3683

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:39 PM

That would be great Catrina! I just realized I'm actually operating with iBlogPro4. I did upgrade from iBlogPro3. At least my code tells me that that's the version I've got. Hope that helps!

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 12:53 AM

Ah, okay. Are you using any plugins?

#9 elyons3683

elyons3683

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 02:18 AM

Yes, I'm using the following plugins, but I don't think any of them affects the sidebars: All in One SEO Feedburner Google Analyticator jquery lightbox LinkWithin Page Links To Page Mash Post Plugin Library Share and Follow Topsy Retweet Twitter Tools Wordpress Database Backup Wordpress Tabs Slides YouTube Widget

#10 elyons3683

elyons3683

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:10 PM

I figured out the issue. Apparently, the accordion sidebar doesn't allow for clickable links? When I copied/pasted the code into the drag_drop sidebar, all the link images worked as coded. Thanks for all of your help!