Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

w3c validation problem: <style type="text/css" id="pagelines-custom"> not accepted

Question

Posted · Report post

My site http://www.laughteryogaamerica.com and its custom pagelines css works fine, but http://validator.w3.org/ doesn't like it.

What am I missing? Why are they not accepting the custom css?

Line 115, Column 45Element style not allowed as child of element body in this context. (Suppressing further errors from this subtree.)<style type="text/css" id="pagelines-custom">

Contexts in which element style may be used: If the scoped attribute is absent: where metadata content is expected. If the scoped attribute is absent: in a noscript element that is a child of a head element. If the scoped attribute is present: where flow content is expected, but before any other flow content other than inter-element whitespace, and not as the child of an element whose content model is transparent. Content model for element body: Flow content.

Above is the main error but there are 2 more pagelines-related errors that I don't understand and therefore can't fix:

1. error.png Line 122, Column 156An body start tag seen but an element of the same type was already open.
  2. …php custom content-shadow static pagelines-template-theme epsilon full_width ">

3. error.png Line 122, Column 156Cannot recover after last error. Any further errors will be ignored.
    …php custom content-shadow static pagelines-template-theme epsilon full_width ">

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

The facebook javascript adds a frame into the head, so it'll never validate, disable the facebook stuff.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Am perplexed then.

The error persist even when I deactivate ALL my plugins and delete ALL my pagelines custom code:

It appears to be coming from:

<body class="home page page-id-4867 page-template page-template-page-epsilon-php logged-in admin-bar custom content-shadow static pagelines-template-theme epsilon full_width ">

Any idea what part of pagelines generates that code?

1.  Line 65, Column 156An body start tag seen but an element of the same type was already open.
    …php custom content-shadow static pagelines-template-theme epsilon full_width ">

2. error.png Line 65, Column 156Cannot recover after last error. Any further errors will be ignored.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

You have a number of scripts/CSS links in your body class?

Not sure why this is happening but this isn't a PageLines issue, it is related to either a plugin you're using or custom code you have added.

I recommend disabling all non-PageLines plugins and see if this resolves your issue, if it doesn't remove all your custom code and see if that resolves the issue.

These issues are not related to PageLines but either plugins or your custom code.

Posted · Report post

Where have you and how have you added custom code to your site?

Have you added any custom sections? 

Have you made any edits to the sections files ?

Have you made any edits to the core files?

Can you disable all active plugins and disable all your custom code. Then enable PageLines debug mode (PageLines > Site Options > Advanced)

Also I must mention that the number of scripts you have in your <head> is without doubt the most I have ever seen.

Posted · Report post

No to all your questions

8 scripts are too many?

You must be referring to the code that the google mod_pagespeed is creating.

It's actually speeding up the site quite nicely.

Will disable everything again tonight and enable the debug mode, and kindly explain what I am looking for / should expect to find. I have never done this particular procedure before.

Posted · Report post

No to all your questions

8 scripts are too many?

You must be referring to the code that the google mod_pagespeed is creating.

It's actually speeding up the site quite nicely.

Will disable everything again tonight and enable the debug mode, and kindly explain what I am looking for / should expect to find. I have never done this particular procedure before.

I counted 47 scripts when I viewed your site.

Posted · Report post

Your feedback is most valuable.

One more thing to investigate...