Photo
- - - - -

displaying an accented e

Best Answer Rob , 10 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

Go to your page or post. In the edit panel, you'll see an icon that looks like a keyboard. When you hover, it says Show kitchen sink or something like that. Click it.

When you do, another line of options for editing will come down.  This will remain there for each new post or page (which ever you are on). One of the options will look like a Greek Omega.  Click it. A symbols menu will appear. You can then select the accented e or other unique symbols used in French or other languages. They are automatically added to your post or page, without special coding.  This is done in the Visual mode only. In Text mode, the code is shown or used.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stug

stug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Framework Version:pro

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:10 PM

I would like to display an accented e as used in the french language. Do I have to activate a different font. Looked in font awsome in case I could find something, but nope.

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:47 PM

You will need to use a HTML entity

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:00 AM   Best Answer

Go to your page or post. In the edit panel, you'll see an icon that looks like a keyboard. When you hover, it says Show kitchen sink or something like that. Click it.

When you do, another line of options for editing will come down.  This will remain there for each new post or page (which ever you are on). One of the options will look like a Greek Omega.  Click it. A symbols menu will appear. You can then select the accented e or other unique symbols used in French or other languages. They are automatically added to your post or page, without special coding.  This is done in the Visual mode only. In Text mode, the code is shown or used.

#4 stug

stug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Framework Version:pro

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

Thanks Rob, I love the simple solutions : )

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

Me too. Glad this worked for you!