• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chan08

chan08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

I have seen other threads about the same request but cannot for the life of me pick out an answer.  Is this possible?  It can be a link but would like a sort of drop down if I can have that.  Is there a hook/plugin/anything that can help me put the Login/Register options in my Fixed NavBar?

Thanks in advance!

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:36 PM

Hi there, depending on your plugin for the login/register link you'd be able to add this as a hook into the header. There's a link of hooks you can tap into here -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

To find the best hook to use to get this result install the actionmap plugin from the store and follow

which will show you exactly where each hook is on the page. Then you'll be able to insert the hook the plugin has provided into the relevant area.

For more information on hooks see

#3 chan08

chan08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

So I guess my question would now be what is the code to insert?  Hooks are where I callout to insert the code but I have no clue what code I should be putting there.

You said above "Depnding on my plugin" what plugin are you referencing?  Sorry for my misunderstanding!

Thanks for your help so far.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:13 PM

Hi there, Pagelines doesn't include a login widget so you would need to find a plugin which would accommodate this and then hook this in. The plugin author will usually be able to give you the required hook to insert the code or have an example of the code on their instructions you can include. It's not something that Pagelines would handle directly unfortunately.