• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vanessacallaway

vanessacallaway

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:20 PM

Hi there,

I am wondering what CSS code I could use to lessen the space between pictures in my posts?

For example, I will post one picture, have a 'return' between the next one, but I want to decrease this 'return' space.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, this forum rocks!

Thanks again!!

Vanessa

ps, my site is wearflatstodinner.com

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:46 PM

Hi Vanessa

The gap you have between the two posts is coming from two different things. There's some padding in there and a margin by the looks of it. You'll need to remove the padding which is applied to the class .hentry-pad in order to get it looking like the other page. Then if the gap is the still too large look at removing the margin etc.

Using firebug or chrome developer tools you'll be able to change the code directly on the page and then copy/paste it back into pagelines to get it exact. When in the inspector click on the gap to get the .hentry-pad class to come up.

#3 vanessacallaway

vanessacallaway

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

Hi James B

Thanks again for getting back to me.

I can't seem to locate a .hentry-pad.

What has worked for me in terms of customization in the past, has been to go into Custom CSS and add a code that over writes the other styles I have going on, for example:

.hentry, .fpost .post-excerpt {
       line-height: 1.0em;
   }

That is what I'm using to lessen the space between the lines of text in my post.

Is there a code similar to that that I can use to lessen the space between the pictures (if I put two pictures on top of each other) and possibly the space between my text and THEN a picture?

Thanks!!

V

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

Hi there,

Yes, you're correct. Any code you place into the custom code area will override the core css.

To find the correct element in the css you'll need to inspect the html using the inspector in either chrome or firebug. It will look like this inside the inspector, you might need to go inside each element to target the hentry-pad, from what you describe it sounds like you're one above in the hierarchy, it should look like this -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: images, pictures, space, lessen