6 replies to this topic

#1 psimpson

psimpson

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.8

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

Hi Nick,

I have Viewer set up for a client's site and for some reason the images are blurring in full screen mode.  I've tried tweaking the various crop and scale options under Viewer's options but all to no avail.  

The images have been created in Photoshop, saved for web and then compressed in JPEGmini.   Here's an example of one of the images from the Wordpress library.  http://www.ensodesig...t-Photo-2r3.jpg .  However, when you go to the Viewer gallery here http://www.ensodesig...helene/chelsea/ and view the same image of the table and chairs in full screen mode in Viewer there's a slight blur on the image.  Why is this?  I haven't encountered this problem say with Wicker, which also uses full screen images.  Hope you can shed some light on it.

Thanks,

Phil

#2 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

Most likely because the 1024px image is being shown at 1600px (or however big the browser is) so the image getting a bit blurry is expected.

#3 psimpson

psimpson

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:38 PM

Thanks for your quick response. From what I can see the image is 1348 x 898.  So in order to avoid this would I need to make the image at least 1600px or whatever the max screen resolution width might be on someone's screen?  So for example, I think a 27" iMac is set to 2560 x 1440.  

#4 psimpson

psimpson

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:06 PM

I've just checked in Firebug and I can see that the image is being served up at 1024 x 682 even though the image file is now over twice that size. I've increased the max width /height settings for large images in Wordpress media. Is there any other reason why when I inspect the image in Viewer it's showing the image at the 1024 x 682 resolution?  Thanks.

#5 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

Viewer pulls the large size image. The large image is defined in your settings, in your media settings. The large size by default, is 1024px. You can change this on your own, then use a plugin like Force Regenerate Thumbnails to re-build all the thumbs.

Nick

#6 psimpson

psimpson

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:28 PM

Thanks Nick. All sorted now.  I was unaware of the Force Regenerate Thumbnails plugin, so thanks for the reference. 

#7 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

Hey no  problem! Yep it's a handy little plugin I use it often.