Events How to Load Demo Content?

Question

Posted · Report post

uhhhh...probably a dumb ? but Unicorn Wrangler how/where do you load the demo content - the zip file for the Events demo? ...and where is it supposed to display?  I tried loading it at Pagelines Import/Export - but I don't see it displaying anywhere. Thanks, Nick - it's a great section - as always, really love this one - good work....really good work.

11 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hey There!

I'm not nick but I know the answer to this question.  You have to upload it using the WordPress Import tool.  In your dashboard menu, go to tools > import > WordPress and you'll see a place to choose your file. Click upload and watch it do it's magic.  If you've never imported anything into WordPress before, it will ask you to install the importer plugin before moving to the next step.

Cheers!

James.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Thanks James! Yes, import and export out of WordPress all the time. However, when i import the zip from the WordPress up-loader i get this error:

Sorry, there has been an error.
This does not appear to be a WXR file, missing/invalid WXR version number.

Posted · Report post

Beau T ful - done! I had to install a different importer - it's all good now. Thanks so much James!

Posted · Report post

Please, where can I find the Dummy Data file for install the Demo of DMS 2?

I have been looking for it in the docs.pagelines.com site, unsucessfuly.

Thanks in advance,

Enrique.

Posted · Report post

quijote please go to Technical Support and start a new topic there: 

http://forum.pagelines.com/forum/78-technical-support-personal-business-developer/ 

This thread was specific to The Events Plugin, a third party plugin by developer Nick Haskins. 

If you post a new topic to that link, one of the Pagelines moderators will get to you soon. 

Thank you! 

Posted · Report post

@masaizan hi there, 

I noticed that the Events Plugin is no longer available in the Pagelines store or on Nicks site.

I was going to purchase it as it was the best events plugin I've ever seen visually and functionally.

Since you own it , Does it still work with DMS 2 ? and do you know if its still available somewhere I haven't looked yet?

Posted · Report post

Yes, it is a good plugin.  If it's no longer available  at the store or on Nick's site, then I would assume that it is not  DMS 2. ready. I will see if I can find out what the plans are for The Events Plugin and get back to you. 

Posted · Report post

Thanks much appreciated!

Posted · Report post

onespirit, just spoke with Nick. He said he  has no plans to update The Events plugin but suggests that you look to Modern Tribe:

http://tri.be/shop/wordpress-events-calendar/

I have used this plugin as well, and it's a good Events solution. They have just done a major update to the plugin too.  

Posted · Report post

Thanks a bunch! I really appreciate you taking the time.

Too bad about Nicks plugin, it's still the best I've seen.

Aesthetically they are not even on the same planet, which is what attracted me in the first place.

Thanks again!

Posted · Report post

Yes, I absolutely agree. It was a great plugin that was so perfectly and aesthetically integrated into Pagelines. That was the problem for me as well -  while there are some good events plugins out there - getting them to integrate well with Pagelines was always problematic. Well, maybe some of the new developers on board will develop a new Events extension. . Because i do think there is a need for a Pagelines events extension or plugin.