• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 clinton4

clinton4

• Members

• 144 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:35 AM

Hi,

I want to create a custom page template for a certain page. The page template will get some custom fields data that will be used to display a google map image.

Now, Wordpress supports page templates

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Do PageLines allow me to use this method to create my own custom page template? Or will this conflict with the PageLines framework in any way?

If it conflicts, is there another way to create a custom page template which allow me to alter/change the loop output?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

Hi,

PageLines Framework does allow custom page templates.   But kindly remember that we are merely pulling the post loop. If you're modifying the post loop, you're doing that in WordPress, not PageLines.  As WordPress has the ability to add custom fields, PageLines will display them.  I'll remind you to add a custom class for each field so that you can apply styling as you see fit for that field.

As for adding a Google Map image, we have that ability now, by shortcode. Please see

For custom templates, see

#3 clinton4

clinton4

• Members

• 144 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

Hi,

I want to change the output of the loop.

I have created the file ../themes/pagelines/my-custom-page.php which contains:

Then i have createt a page and selected this template. But when i visit that page. Header, sidebar and footer  is not present.

Do i need to include some function in my custom page template to include the header, sidebar and footer? 

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

Hi Clinton,

Unfortunately, we cannot diagnose or interpret code for you.  We don't provide customizations in the forum.  The PostLoop is essentially WordPress. Modifying it is outside our scope. 

#5 clinton4

clinton4

• Members

• 144 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

Okay, but in which file is the actual "the loop" generated? 

In the custom page templates (example: page.alpha.php) all i find is the function setup_pagelines_template(). Which leads me to ../includes/libary.functions.php.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:06 PM

The loop is part of WordPress.

This article may be of help:

#7 jankowalski

jankowalski

Advocate

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:38 PM

the same problem. i need to insert <?php do_action("advance-search");?> into custom template.

so i create new template and i see

so where do i place it? below, instead? Don t tell it s a part of Wordpress, it s not a question about loops but the pagelines temaplate construction and woh to cutomize it. i did not find any documentation explaining it. 

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17931 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:19 AM

You can not added custom code or create templates that way in DMS. If you want to have specific sections display on certain pages, then either create its own template or use hooks.

#9 jankowalski

jankowalski

Advocate

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

Ues i am trying to create my own template. Its not dms but framework.Would you gove an example of custom template just with sample text? I guess i need to call header, footer and page frame, then ind like to insert my custom php code.

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17931 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

You can't create a custom template like that either, in PageLines Framework. You create your custom template using the instructions here - 

If you want to added specific sections to that template, do so in the Drag and Drop options in the backend. If you want to add other things then you will need to use hooks.

#11 itarsenal

itarsenal

Advanced Member

• Members

• 95 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia
  • Framework Version:Personal

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

But you can't designate the page to be full width in the drag and drop, how to make a template that is full width, WITHOUT the page layout selector. I have bbpress installed, and I can't make the forum pages full width because the page layout selector does not show up.

I'm trying to make a custom template bbpress.php as bbPress forum pages will look at that first as priority, but can't tell what to put in there to load the header, footer, and full width content.

#12 CliffordP

CliffordP

Advocate

• Members

• 492 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

You'll need to copy the DMS postloop section to your child theme's 'sections' folder and modify the code to add your own loop.

Or, if your needs would be satisfied by this option, you could just purchase AnyLoop: