Photo
- - - - -

Not able to show full texts of posts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 andulka

andulka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:42 AM

Discussed this in pre-sales after experiencing the same problem with the test blog, and was directed here for instructions on how to change the code, if necessary. I'm not able to show full text of posts on blog pages by just changing the setting to full text. Instead, I get an excerpt from the beginning of the text with no 'read more' link. The only way I can get it to show full text is to copy the post text in the excerpt box, set 'Post excerpt placement' to 'only on blog pages and search' and 'Full post content placement' to 'Show full content on all blog pages'. The drawback of this is that if I have a default posts page, it will then show everything double in a single page view, so I have to remove the default and leave it blank. So, what I need is preferably the full text showing on all blog/category pages (should be possible without tampering with the code if there is a setting for it?) or an excerpt with a 'slider' that brings the rest of the text into view. Thank you! :-)

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:38 AM

Okay, so it is showing normal on the default blog page, but in addition you want to show full posts on the category pages correct? There isn't a built in function for this because this is usually not the desired effect, but it has been answered here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

If that answer doesn't quite fit, please see:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

as this has been answered many time before. Thanks, Bryan

#3 andulka

andulka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 05:31 AM

Thanks, that did it and it's quite the desired effect in this case (by the people who are writing the blogs). I don't know how the solutions escaped me earlier, sorry about that - I guess I was looking in the wrong section of the forum, quite new here still. I did try something similar with the free version earlier, but it didn't quite work so I thought better ask before messing it up completely. :-)