header

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nomadcapitalist

nomadcapitalist

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:48 AM

I want to add a custom horizontal opt-in under my header image but above the navbar at www.nomadcapitalist.com. I already have it coded to match the width of the header image.

I read somewhere here to go to Settings->Custom->Header Widgets, but I don't have such an option. Any ideas?

Also, I can't seem to figure out how to reduce the white space/padding around my header image. I'd like it to blend in with the similar colored background.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

Hi,

I think you're confusing some terminology. Let me clarify this so you're using the same wording we do. 

The Header is a complete section which includes the branding, navigation, social media, etc.  If you add something below it, that would be the content. I think you mean you wish to add a new section below the navigation.

As I understand it, you have custom code you want to add. Not knowing the nature of this code, it's hard to tell you how to apply it. Depending on the nature of the code, this may be done in one of two ways.

Can you tell me what kind of code we're talking about? Is it HTML, Javascript, PHP or something else?

#3 nomadcapitalist

nomadcapitalist

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

Thanks for straightening out my post. I guess I'm saying under the "header image". Between the "header image" (right term?) and the navbar. It is basic HTML; a simple table running about 950x80 that contains my a "tease", my opt-in code, and an image submit button. Old school stuff.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:21 AM

Hi,

You have two options:

1. You can implement a Full-Width Sidebar or Universal Sidebar, and place it under the Branding image (the name of the header image) via Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop > Header.  Then, you go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus and add a text widget in that sidebar. Paste your HTML code in the text widget and save.  The problem with this is you will have considerable padding and margins to contend with.

2. You can download Action Map plugin (free in our Store) and activate it. Also download and activate PageLines Customize.  And if you're a Plus member, you may optionally want to download Hooker plugin from our Store, too. When you use Action Map to find the correct hook, you can then paste the correct HTML to Hooker. Alternatively, you can craft your own hook for PageLines Customize in the functions.php file.  The downside to this is, it can be a little complex if you're not familiar with the process.  What you'll lose in time, you'll make up for in learning and effectiveness of your code.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: header