Photo
- - - - -

Weird Level 2 NAV Issue

navigation menu

Best Answer James B , 31 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Hi there,

Unfortunately there's no option to change anchor from menu to link that I'm aware of, not without re-writing the section code. Without editing the code the classic nav is the easiest option. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Framework Version:2.2

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:27 AM

For some reason as soon as I add a Level 2 NAV to my site, the level one's slug gets messed up. Check the bottom left of the attached screenie for the menu item "Industries". It goes from "/industries" to "/#m1". This happens with any menu time I work with. 

Site URL: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

This may not be a PL issue at all.

Attached Files

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16897 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

Hi,

If you used the search feature before posting, you would have found a number of topics covering this question. The Navbar which is the navigation section you're using, does not allow a parent menu item to be linkable, it acts as a anchor, which upon click opens your sub menu. The Navbar section is based on Bootstrap who designed their menu system this way.

If you do not like this functionality and want your parent menu items to act as links instead of anchors, I recommend you replace the navbar section with Nav Classic.

#3 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

Thanks Danny. I did search - apparently for the wrong thing. I get it now. Your feedback is appreciated. I knew that it was something like this. Just couldn't get my head around things as I was pretty pooped ( :sleep: ) when I posted my question. 

I am wondering if there would be any way to change menu's behaviour from anchor to link? Or do I have to go back to Classic if I wish to do so?

:zoro:

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:15 PM   Best Answer

Hi there,

Unfortunately there's no option to change anchor from menu to link that I'm aware of, not without re-writing the section code. Without editing the code the classic nav is the easiest option. 

#5 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

Hi there,

Thanks James... Had to ask..

It's time for you to go and grab a beer!

:zoro:

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

:-) Have a great weekend

#7 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate