Photo
- - - - -

Button colors not appearing

button

Best Answer Rob , 30 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

There may be a plugin causing this condition.  Sometimes they have CSS that overrides shortcodes.

Another possibility is that the shortcode is being applied within another class. As a result, the superior class may be overriding the .btn classes.  Check out your structure in Firebug for Firefox or Chrome's Inspection Tool.  I am seeing this:

<div class="homecontentconatiner">

with this CSS (which is not ours). There is an errant ; in there as you'll see. That too could cause the problem.

.homecontentconatiner {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 white;
    border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px;
    color: #034F7B;
    font-size: 13px;
    height: 315px;
    line-height: 1.2em;
    ;
    padding: 1px 10px;
    width: 64%;
}
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 digsea

digsea

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

Hi

I'm using version 2.4.2 on my website www.ultimatephotographycourse.com. I am trying to put a button on the homepage using the shortcode [pl_button type="Info" link="/enrol/" size="Large"]Learn More[/pl_button] - however, it is not producing a colored button. All I get is this ugly gray button:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The same thing happens on another one of my sites, but on others it works fine.

What am I missing?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

Hi,

First, the example for the buttons specifies to use the full URL of the link.  Try a different type for the button to see if that will work. Follow the examples found at

Are you adding the button code when editing the page in HTML/Text mode?

#3 digsea

digsea

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

Hi,

First, the example for the buttons specifies to use the full URL of the link.  Try a different type for the button to see if that will work. Follow the examples found at

Are you adding the button code when editing the page in HTML/Text mode?

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the quick response.

I've tried the following: adding the full URL, different button types, sizes and colors but I get the exact same result everytime.  I've also tried it in Visual editor and HTML mode.

Also, I pasted the exact same code from another of my Pagelines sites which it is working on. See:

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:35 PM   Best Answer

There may be a plugin causing this condition.  Sometimes they have CSS that overrides shortcodes.

Another possibility is that the shortcode is being applied within another class. As a result, the superior class may be overriding the .btn classes.  Check out your structure in Firebug for Firefox or Chrome's Inspection Tool.  I am seeing this:

with this CSS (which is not ours). There is an errant ; in there as you'll see. That too could cause the problem.

#5 digsea

digsea

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:55 AM

Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot for your help - you were absolutely correct.  There was another .btn class in my custom .css that was overriding the pagelines .btn classes. As soon as I removed that block of css from the custom code - hey presto! The buttons and color came back!

Thanks a ton,

Neil 

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

Glad to have helped!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: button