• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 llucjulia

llucjulia

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.2

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

I've updated to Pagelines Framework 2.4.2 and now I have problems with tabs. At the end of the content inside tabs appears the elements that only I want to appear at the end of the post or page (print and PDF buttons, share buttons, tags). Even some elements appears in two places (at the end of the tab and at the end of the page). How can I do to don't show this elements at the end of the tabs.

The site is www.descobreixmenorca.com
Password protected: desmen

Thank you

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

Hi there,

This section at the bottom of your post with the print/pdf buttons appearing, is this being added through a plugin or script? It seems to be coming from something called 'social-ring', not part of the standard Framework options.

#3 llucjulia

llucjulia

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

The section at the bottom of your post with the print/pdf buttons appearing, social share buttons and tags, is being added through differnets plugins. With Pagelines Framework 2.3 all these sections showed only at the bottom of the page but now (with 2.4.2) they show at the bottom of the page and also at bottom of the tabs.

Its possible to avoid to appear at the bottom of tabs section like Pagelines Framework 2.3?

thanks

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:06 AM

Hello,

As you seem to have two plugins, one a printer-friendly plugin and the other called social-ring, the way to remove these would be to deactivate the plugin.  Neither of these are in any way related to PageLines tabs.

Just go to Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins, find the ones you installed and deactivate them.  That should resolve the issue.

#5 llucjulia

llucjulia

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

Remove the plugins is the only way to evoid these items are displayed in tabs?

thank you

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

I didn't say "remove", but I did say "Deactivate". These have two, very different meanings.  Deactivate means to temporarily turn them off.  WordPress provides for this in Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins. Just hover over a plugin title and the link will appear. 

Deactivate is like turning off a lamp switch.  You can always turn it on again.  This is very easy and none of your settings will be lost.

#7 llucjulia

llucjulia

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

Sorry, but I need to use these plugins with his items at the bottom of the page and evoid to appear in the tab content.

thanks

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

Unfortunately, we have no control over the behavior of a third party plugin.  Since it is designed to appear in content areas, it will appear in tabbed content. Remember, tabs are each a content area, so any plugin that is designed to appear within content areas will appear in the tab.

The process of deactivation was to test it to see if the icons disappear. But since you must keep the plugin, I'm afraid there's no way I know of to hide those elements only on the tabbed content.  You would have to contact the plugin's developer and have him look at it or, find a replacement plugin that let's you control exactly where the links appear.

I regret, but this is out of our control.

#9 llucjulia

llucjulia

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

ok, thank you

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

I'm sure there are some replacement plugins or the plugin author will help with this issue.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tabs