Photo
- - - - -

Website disappeared after updating functions.php

Best Answer Rob , 29 May 2013 - 03:16 AM

Hello Pearse,

Presuming you have FTP access to your site, let's get you sorted.

1.  Go to www.pagelines.com/launchpad/member.php, login and go to My Account.  Download the latest version of Framework.  When your download completes, unzip the file to your desktop. You will now have a folder there called pagelines.

2.  FTP to your site and navigate to wp-content/themes/.  Locate the pagelines folder there and delete it.  Don't worry. This will only remove the core files, but not any custom settings.  It will remove the functions.php file.  I suspect you edited the main functions.php and not the one we recommend using. (Note: This is why we urge people to read the documentation.)

3.  When the deletion is completed, upload the pagelines folder from your desktop to wp-content/themes/ .  Once you have completed the upload, you can now try to login to the Dashboard and should be successful.

Please let us know if you need additional help.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pearse

pearse

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.3

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:52 AM

Hi Folks,

I ventured where I shouldn't have! I attempted to alter the functions.php file of my website in Appearance/ Editor. I input a line of code and then deleted it and then updated and then my site disappeared. Also, I no longer have access to my dashboard and I notice on the Admin page that my logo has been replaced by the WordPress logo.

Website is www.sogrownow.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated in sorting this.

Regards,

Pearse.

• AntonyHariri and WilletteClough like this

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:16 AM   Best Answer

Hello Pearse,

Presuming you have FTP access to your site, let's get you sorted.

1.  Go to

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

, login and go to My Account.  Download the latest version of Framework.  When your download completes, unzip the file to your desktop. You will now have a folder there called pagelines.

2.  FTP to your site and navigate to wp-content/themes/.  Locate the pagelines folder there and delete it.  Don't worry. This will only remove the core files, but not any custom settings.  It will remove the functions.php file.  I suspect you edited the main functions.php and not the one we recommend using. (Note: This is why we urge people to read the documentation.)

3.  When the deletion is completed, upload the pagelines folder from your desktop to wp-content/themes/ .  Once you have completed the upload, you can now try to login to the Dashboard and should be successful.

Please let us know if you need additional help.

• pearse, AntonyHariri and WilletteClough like this

#3 pearse

pearse

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.3

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

Hi Folks,

It worked perfectly! Thank you very much for your help.

Best wishes,

Pearse.

• AntonyHariri and WilletteClough like this