Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Website disappeared after updating functions.php

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi Folks,

I ventured where I shouldn't have! I attempted to alter the functions.php file of my website in Appearance/ Editor. I input a line of code and then deleted it and then updated and then my site disappeared. Also, I no longer have access to my dashboard and I notice on the Admin page that my logo has been replaced by the WordPress logo.

Website is www.sogrownow.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated in sorting this.

Regards,

Pearse.

2 people like this

2 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hello Pearse,

Presuming you have FTP access to your site, let's get you sorted.

1.  Go to www.pagelines.com/launchpad/member.php, login and go to My Account.  Download the latest version of Framework.  When your download completes, unzip the file to your desktop. You will now have a folder there called pagelines.

2.  FTP to your site and navigate to wp-content/themes/.  Locate the pagelines folder there and delete it.  Don't worry. This will only remove the core files, but not any custom settings.  It will remove the functions.php file.  I suspect you edited the main functions.php and not the one we recommend using. (Note: This is why we urge people to read the documentation.)

3.  When the deletion is completed, upload the pagelines folder from your desktop to wp-content/themes/ .  Once you have completed the upload, you can now try to login to the Dashboard and should be successful.

Please let us know if you need additional help.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Hi Folks,

It worked perfectly! Thank you very much for your help.

Best wishes,

Pearse.

2 people like this