#1 GreySwanFusion

GreySwanFusion

• Members

• 8 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

Hi Guys,

Hope all is grand. Have a quick question about the Grid Portfolio plugin, wonderful as it is!

I am working on a site, and am looking to add a number of custom fields to the content format, and which will automatically draw through to the Grid Portfolio portfolio layout and then the page itself. So, looking to make a 'child' of the plugin for this.

Site is www.wlfn.org

As you see from the landing page is a film network blog / site, where film makers can load up their short films! I am trying to add Custom fields "directors name; length of film; and so on" to the hover section but can't for the life of me find the right section to adapt. At the moment it would show the films title.... and can see how that's pulled through.

Have created the fields on the template page! 

Any advice or pointers would be appreciated. Am using the plugin Advanced Custom Fields to create them (had a look through pagelines but could not see anything similar).

Am a keen but novice PHP beginner....

thanks

Tim

#2 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 2443 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

I have moved this to the correct support forum. 

#3 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:04 AM

<p>Hey Tim,</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I can add some action hooks to the next release if you think that would be helpful. Are you comfortable adding content via hooks ?</p>

#4 GreySwanFusion

GreySwanFusion

• Members

• 8 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

Hi Adam,

thanks for the reply. I think custom hooks so that specific content (custom fields) can be captured and displayed would be great in the next release.

Am slowly understanding the use of hooks and less coding in Pagelines. Any pointers or advice for me, to say display a custom field of the 'directors name of the film' below the films title on the gird portfolio page (www.wlfn.org). Or point me towards good documentation.

I am also trying to display certain information about the film in a specific way (say in its own widget) in the right-handside bar when they click through to the film.

Let me know your thoughts and thanks for the help.

best wishes

Tim

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Grid Portfolio, Custom Fields