Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Issue With "Fixed" Nav Bar On Mobile Devices

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi, 

I have been trying to fix this for a while now and have had no success. 

I have the fixed navigation bar activated on the site, however when you open up the site on a mobile for example on an iPhone and zoom in on the page, the "Fixed" nav is not fixed at all and ends up taking up 80% of the screen blocking the content. 

Here is my site: www.ijailbreakthis.com 

I have added no custom CSS to the fixed nav, so not sure what is going on. 

Please help, thanks in advance. 

Cheers, 
Matthew 

29 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Even if the div labelled 'my-add-image' is removed the top fixed nav still does not work correctly. 

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I just looked at your site on an Android (Samsung Galaxy SIII), and zoomed in and out.  The fixed nav did not occupy any more space than it should. So I suspect that it needs some browser specific CSS.   We have a free plugin for that called Browser Specific CSS found at Dashboard > PageLines > Store > Plugins > Top Free.

I did take note that after zooming back, the fixed nav bar did shift to the right, remaining there, but it did not block any content. The problem I noticed with that is simply that the navigation disappeared off the fixed nav.  This could be the result of some custom CSS or a plugin conflict.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the comments, I have just tested on an iPad and the fixed nav is perfect (zoomed and normal). It just seems to be iPhone?

What specific CSS do I need to add?