• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 anderskrus

anderskrus

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

Hi!

I am managing a website for a publishing house. 

I wonder if there are any widgets or sections or child theme where I can have all books and then have the possibility to choose whether I would like just to see the books from a specific genre or of it is books who are already published or future books.

The same with the authors - sort by name - just A-E, F-J and so on.

Anyone knows what I'm after?

I love the look I get when I use boxes - but then I can't sort.
I also - if thats's my only choice - would like to be able to have for example eight boxes, in two rows - and then get the choice of pressing - NEXT for yet another eight ...

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

Hi there,

Check out

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I think this might be able to help you, it works with custom post types to. There's a comments area at the bottom where you can post a question to the plugin author to check if it meets you're requirements 100%, but looking at the description above I think it should do.

• anderskrus likes this

#3 anderskrus

anderskrus

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

One more question - is it only posts I can filter like this? Not regular pages? Or boxes?

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

I don't think it will allow you to filter pages, but custom post types like boxes and features it will.

#5 anderskrus

anderskrus

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:59 AM

I reallly hope you're right. But for now I can only choose "post" or "pockets". I have boxes - the one which is included in my site from the beginning. How come I can't choose boxes?

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

I do not know if boxes can be sorted at a user level.  Posts can be, using a plugin.

The sorting of the posts or their delivery to viewers can be accomplished with categories as well as plugins.  Boxes can be arranged in order based on the time they're added, which means you can sort them by arranging the publication time (can be adjusted on the edit page).

Pages are not delivered in a list format in WordPress, so the only way to sort them would be editing their publication time. In WordPress' list of available pages, you can sort them for purposes of administration only, on an alphabetical basis.