Photo
- - - - -

NavBar dropdown CSS Hover Color impossible to Change

css navabar dropdown hover color

Best Answer James B , 23 May 2013 - 10:59 PM

You're code is correct, I've just pasted it into my site and I get the blue/black gradient.

Try pasting it into the custom code box in Pagelines>site options>custom code to see if it works there like mine did. If it does then it might be some of the code above in your style.css of the customise plugin, if there's any errors in the code it will stop any of the css below from being read properly. So check for closing brackets at the end of each section etc.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mrtripper

mrtripper

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

Hi,
I'm desperately tryin to change the hover color of the dropdown menu ( background color & image)

Even if it works on firebug, when i paste the css in the style.css of my pagelines customize plugin, nothing changes !??? Never seen something like this before...could you help please ?

Thank you very much

original code :

.dropdown-menu li > a:hover, .dropdown-menu li > a:focus, .dropdown-submenu:hover > a, .dropdown-menu li.current-menu-item > a {
    background-color#0081C2;
    background-image-moz-linear-gradient(center top , #0088CC, #0077B3);
    background-repeatrepeat-x;
    color#FFFFFF;
    text-decorationnone;
}

new code :

.dropdown-menu li > a:hover, .dropdown-menu li > a:focus, .dropdown-submenu:hover > a, .dropdown-menu li.current-menu-item > a {
    background-color#333333;
    background-image-moz-linear-gradient(center top , #333333, #000000);
    background-repeatrepeat-x;
    color#FFFFFF;
    text-decorationnone;
}

my web is www.mrtripper.com

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

Hi there, the background image is supplied as a gradient, so will user broswer specific code for each browser. Make sure you include the different versions so the changes can be seen in each.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also you might need to use an override if using the customise plugin, either #page or #site. See the overrides section at -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 mrtripper

mrtripper

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

Hi James,

1. i use the same gradient code as yours which works perfectly on my Firefox browser in "your" blue #0088CC but not in "my" black !???

2. I tried the overrides as well as !important in the plugin but nothing works :-(

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:59 PM   Best Answer

You're code is correct, I've just pasted it into my site and I get the blue/black gradient.

Try pasting it into the custom code box in Pagelines>site options>custom code to see if it works there like mine did. If it does then it might be some of the code above in your style.css of the customise plugin, if there's any errors in the code it will stop any of the css below from being read properly. So check for closing brackets at the end of each section etc.

#5 mrtripper

mrtripper

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:12 PM

Ok It works, there's certainly an error in my latest css ! Thank you very much

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: css, navabar, dropdown, hover, color