#1 Jarrod H

Jarrod H

Advanced Member

• Members

• 59 posts
  • LocationRockford, IL
  • Framework Version:1.1.1

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

So im currently working on a site that has alot of member profiles.  I have been trying to find the easiest / cleanest way to make this look good and function well.  This is the site I found that i really think works well.  http://www.portlandb....org/directory/

I know they are just using posts and categories.  Does pagelines already have a section for this?  Or any feedback on the best route to make all the jive together?  Some keep points i like.

-Top Browse filter section

-Integrated map on the side that will expand and show all the filtered maps you are currently look at.

- Browse by tags sidebar widget

- recently viewed members on on a sidebar widget once you click on one of the members.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jarrod

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

Hi Jarrod,

Even though PageLines has a map shortcode, I don't believe that it expands or that it changes dynamically based on the content viewed.. For that, you'd need a map plugin.  There are many out there, both free and premium.  I can't say which are better.

I'm not aware of any browse filters in PageLines because we don't actually manage your content, only how it appears on your site.  You'd need a plugin here too.

WordPress has a Tags widget built into Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets that can be styled, but there are a variety of tag plugins.  Since most people don't use tags anymore, this is a somewhat dated technology, though I can see its use.

BuddyPress is a membership system for WP, and there are plugins for that which will show recent members or members online.  There are plugins for WP that show recent or members online.  I believe the best membership software is s2Members.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: posts, filter, category, tags