Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting Footer Conundrum

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi all,

I've painted myself into a corner.

I need a simple, open, non-columnized text area to add below the main footer area. I've used Full Width Sidebar and Contentbox in other areas of the site, so they're unavailable. If I clone the Contentbox, there are no site-wide options to make it useful as a footer for all pages.

The footer section options are limited. Morefoot required three columns. All I want is a simple, one-line sub-footer. Contentbox would've been perfect.

Thanks. Any ideas?

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Joe,

Morefoot Sidebars is three columns.  But if you add another section there from the Available list, it should work.  The Content Box is clonable there but I suspect you'll end up with the same cloning issue for the Content Box.

I think if you used the Universal or Full-Width Sidebar there, you could add multiple text widgets to those.

Posted · Report post

hi Rob,

Thanks - I've used both Contentbox and Full-Width Sidebar, and Universal Sidebar is not available for the footer.

Any other ideas? Thanks again. 

Posted · Report post

Thanks Danny - you are correct - I needed to go outside the bounds of Sections or Plugins and add custom code. I used the PL footer hook. Thanks again!

Posted · Report post

Glad you found a solution!