3 replies to this topic

#1 jkamphaus

jkamphaus

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Framework Version:none,... interested in PL

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

Hello

In the navigations,... it does not matter which one,... the problem is always the same ...I can easely click on Sub menu items.

But the main Menu item i can not... I do have this Problem on other multisites too... Did i do something wrong during Installation or is there a radiobutton which i never found?

thx

Jörg

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

Hi Jorg,

Twitter Bootstrap controls the NavBar we use and it doesn't allow parent level links to go anywhere other than to open a list of child links.

The way to overcome this is to simply create a new child link going to the originally desired place.  That way, when you click the parent link, the visitor can still go to the place you wanted them to visit. It might look like this:

Recipes

Recipes

Soups

Salads

I apologize for any confusion this may have caused. Unfortunately, because it comes from Twitter Bootstrap, we're unable to offer any other resolution.

#3 tslsites

tslsites

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

Hi Rob,

That solution basically goes against a good or even basic User Experience.

It does not make sense.

-Armando

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:19 AM

Hi Armando,

Unfortunately this is how bootstrap designed the nav, its due to the rise in mobile/touch screen navigation on responsive sites. If someone on a touch screen device were to press the parent link they wouldn't be able to access something from the drop down without accidentally clicking on and then being sent to the parent link etc.