• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bloom1creative

bloom1creative

• Members

• 162 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

Hi guys.

We all know there is no responsive support for IE6-8, which is a big problem when making sites for clients.  I have found the warning notice plugin for Wordpress which is infinitely useful, but in terms of the 'disable mobile' option on your framework, it works REALLY nicely to take away all of the responsive features of a site.

Now my question: - Is there a way to enable this 'disable mobile' option for JUST IE 6-8, as these are the browsers that struggle the most with support for mobile and ideally are the most likely I would want to have the mobile disabled for.

Many thanks

Rob

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

Hi Rob,

This may be possible with a use of a hook. However, this kind of customisation is beyond what we can provide here in our support forums. I recommend you contact one of our Pros, who may be able to assist you.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

However, if I was you I would simply stick with the warning plugins, nobody should be using IE6-8 for both browsing experience and security reasons. In my opinion the warning should suffice, I don't see the need to add specific code for visitors using these browser versions.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: internet explorer, mobile, disable, media queries