Photo

Looking for the theme's "body" tag for a script call.

body script call

Best Answer Claude203† , 31 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

Hi,

Thanks. I found where to edit the header.php file from your description.

(However, please don't get me wrong, I really want to switch to the latest greatest PL Framework but I would like to find more tutorials first. I know it's a separate topic. I'll keep looking.)

Meanwhile, this topic is resolved.

Thank you!

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Claude203†

Claude203

• DMS Subscriber†
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

Hi,

I'm looking for the module that contains the body tag, as we were given the following instruction for adding a popup window script:

Insert the following line into your page's BODY tag, immediately before the > character.

Thank you.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:34 PM

Hello Claude,

I don't think WhiteHousePro actually used the body tag in its CSS. As its a legacy theme, support for it is very limited.  Have you considered upgrading to PageLines Framework?

#3 Claude203†

Claude203

• DMS Subscriber†
  • 185 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

Dear One Smart Egg,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I upgraded to PageLines Framework about 5-6 months ago but to be perfectly honest with you, it is confusing and not as intuitively obvious as WhiteHousePro. Probably means I have to try harder as far as learning how it works. But still, I don't remember struggling this much trying to understand WHP and right now I would rather use WHP, and I am considering switching back to it. Are there more tutorial videos available?

Thank you.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

Hi,

If the body tag is in WHP, it will be in header.php. FTP into the site. Navigate to wp-content/themes/whitehous and find header.php.  Edit the script.

Do a search for <body <?php body_class(); ?>>

Please do not remove the <?php body_class(); ?> part of your site will break.  I cannot guaranty that it will not break if you're editing a core file. We don't recommend or support that, but because this is a legacy theme, and no updates will be forthcoming, you can expect nothing will overwrite it.

I'd heartily recommend that you back it all up before editing.

#5 Claude203†

Claude203

• DMS Subscriber†
  • 185 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:54 PM   Best Answer

Hi,

Thanks. I found where to edit the header.php file from your description.

(However, please don't get me wrong, I really want to switch to the latest greatest PL Framework but I would like to find more tutorials first. I know it's a separate topic. I'll keep looking.)

Meanwhile, this topic is resolved.

Thank you!

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

Our documents for PageLines Framework are located at http://support.pagelines.me/docs/

The forum is a rich resource for unique customizations.

#7 Claude203†

Claude203

• DMS Subscriber†
  • 185 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

Great! Thanks.

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:22 PM