Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Modal Not Working - Section Ordering

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi all - 

I'm positioning a new newsletter-signup element in the subheader (using ContentBox) using a modal popup.

http://creationok.com/our-team/

The problem is that it's greyed out - the lightbox doesn't operate over the Crackbar. In fact, you can see the Crackbar, outside of the lightbox, on top of it. I'm wondering what your advice is for positioning the element so that it pops out in front, while (hopefully) keeping the modal in the subheader.

I'm wondering if it's a problem with the Pagelines template section ordering.

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi

If you remove the crackbar does it operate normally? I would think it's a z-index issue, try adjusting the z-index. The below seems to effect it, but you might have to tweak it a bit.

.modal-backdrop {
    top: 0;
    z-index: 14;
}

Posted · Report post

Works great. It should've occurred to me, but I was thinking that z-index wouldn't affect it unless the navbar (Crackbar) wasn't in front. I was wrong. Thanks, James.

Posted · Report post

Hey Joe,

You're welcome, glad it worked :-)

Posted · Report post

Having similar issue with modal popup in DMS - you can see popup lightbox functionality but entire screen greyed-out without modal box focus z-index floating above background. ideas? I'm trying to place HTML in footer but even I try short code in main content post, still same problem.

Posted · Report post

agent654l - This topic is resolved. Therefore, can you create new topic and provide a link to your site so we can see the issue first hand please.