#1 keithmagvacom

keithmagvacom

Advocate

• Members

• 354 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

Hi Folks

I am trying to modify the 404 page on my site. To start with I need to change the font colour. I have tried this CSS, but no luck:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Second part of the problem - I have an image that I want to set in the background and stretch to the sides of the browser. The image is positioned, but not stretching. Is there a small piece of code I will need. I know the option is available for other pages

Finally I would like to change the text. I have tried by adding a content section under the drag and drop section and then look for it in the pages options area. Where might I locate it, or is is possible to change the 404 error to something else? 

Thanks

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15163 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

Hi,

What are these classes boomboard hughtext ?

If you wish to change the font color on the 404 page only, use the special body class for the 404 page, you can find this class in the body

If you wish to stretch your 404 pages background image, why not use the supersize option ?

The 404 error message, is actually a section, the content can not be changed. However, you can add a ContentBox and goto PageLines > Page Options > 404 and configure the section.

#3 keithmagvacom

keithmagvacom

Advocate

• Members

• 354 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

Hi,

What are these classes boomboard hughtext ?

These are found when you inspect the element on the 404 page. 

If you wish to change the font color on the 404 page only, use the special body class for the 404 page, you can find this class in the body

Thats what I though I was doing, but I can't seem to identify any other classes.

If you wish to stretch your 404 pages background image, why not use the supersize option ?

Supersize option is not available on the 404 page!

The 404 error message, is actually a section, the content can not be changed. However, you can add a ContentBox and goto PageLines > Page Options > 404 and configure the section.

Added a content box in drag and drop and then went to the page options 404, but there appears to be no way of configuring it. 

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15163 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

OK, when you mentioned the:

boomboard and hugetext I assumed to were referring to the body class. Those classes are related to the 404 no posts section.

To change the text, you will need to use the correct classes, for example you have in your code hughtext when the class is hugetext, so that will need correcting.

Also, instead of using

.boomboard .subhead{}

try

boomboard p { }

Same goes for the h2

I have just this moment added a ContentBox section to my 404 template and configured it in Page Options > 404 template (see image).

#5 keithmagvacom

keithmagvacom

Advocate

• Members

• 354 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

Thanks Danny

Got the colours sorted... 

I'm a little lost on the ContentBox option. Can't locate it anywhere. When into Drag & Drop added content area to the 404 error template. I can't find an option of "ContentBox" anywhere.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

Content Box is a section you have to add via the Store. It's free.  Go to Dashboard > PageLines > Store > Sections > Top Free and install the section after you find it.

I just tested this CSS by adding it to the Custom CSS area of Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options:

It worked perfectly.

#7 keithmagvacom

keithmagvacom

Advocate

• Members

• 354 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

Thanks Rob. No wonder I couldn't find it. Almost there just need to sort out how to get the back ground image full width on the 404 page. For some reason supper size option is not available on it :(

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

Keith,

The 404 page is a special page and so some things like supersized backgrounds don't work on it.  Actually, that's not a bad thing as it would slow down the page load considerably and when it comes to 404s, you want those loading as fast as possible.  The page is designed to populate automatically with the 404 even though its template is blank.

You can add things to the template, but I don't think you can customize the page to include a supersized background.