#21 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

Well,  I've answered tons of posts in here saying that features do not 'auto-crop' and that it's not a good idea to expect the slider to rescale or crop images.  IE, for example will not display a cropped image. It only shows in real size.

IE doesn't like scaling in any way.

#22 acuitas

acuitas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

Well.....currently I am having a lot more luck taking it OUT of Aspect Height mode, and putting it in Fixed Height mode.   Ooops....I take that back. Hey, Bob, all I can say is that it was working great before the upgrade with seven slides of all different heights. I have to confess, deciding which settings to choose for different results is confusing. I didn't write this slider program, and what seems obvious to the creator really is not obvious to the user.

#23 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

My suggestion.... make all your images the size you want them in a graphics editor, and use static height. Oddly, I have no issues with my 50 plus sliders on my site, but each has static mode slides. 

#24 acuitas

acuitas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

Okay....Rob....I will try that. Thank you.

#25 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

It can't hurt!

#26 acuitas

acuitas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

Rob....you are right about using "Static Height"  instead of Aspect. It is trimming them more cleanly. However, pre-cropping the photos has proved unnecessary, not even on IE 10....unless maybe you have an old version. I gave up testing for old versions years ago to avoid suicide or insanity. Anyway, I removed one CSS adjustment (completely unrelated, but redundant) and behold, the slides started working again. So I added a few more slides.....still working. I'm going to say my prayers and let it go for now and check again later. It may have been that CSS code. Programming logic and day-to-day logic are not the same animal, and I'm no programmer. 

:geek:   

#27 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

See this one:  

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#28 acuitas

acuitas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

Rob....sorry for doubting you.....I think you might be right. I did as you suggested, cropping everything prior to upload, and its now working. LEt's hope it stays working. That would be nice. Thanks for being persistent.  ;-)

#29 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:58 PM

Keep us posted, I've not been able to replicate this since yesterday, all my slides are acting normally so far. The navbar js conflict doesn't seem to be related either so hopefully Rob's solution will do the trick :-)

#30 clord

clord

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.2

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:50 PM

I'm having all the same issues that jeremyh78 is reporting on

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and have also lost my footer columns and twitter feed. It appears WP Post Tabs was affecting the drop-down navigation but even with that deactivated, all other issues persist. I also do not have JetPack and have no caching plugin installed. The site began acting up on 5/23/13 and I began seeing an increasing number of server errors in my crawl stats the same day.

Debug is enabled.

PageLines v. 2.4.2

Wordpress v. 3.5.1

I tried making all 4 of the features the same design and that didn't help. 

Acuitas, did you notice any issues with your drop-down navigation?  I just clicked on your link above and see the images are cascading down the page again.

This has definitely be intermittent.  The site has been acting really weird for about 5-6 days.  

Another thing that I've seen is that the WP admin bar doesn't show across the top while signed in and viewing the site when this is happening.  It shows in the Dashboard though.  When I click on one of the drop-down nav links, it makes the page-canvas container jump up the page.

Also, no caching plugins installed.  The only CDN would be Blubrry for the podcast but I don't know if there's any caching going on there.  It all worked fine before the update.

#31 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

Hi there,

Looking at your site it shows it stops just before the footer starts. Can you remember what you were doing on the site roughly when this started happening? Were you putting anything new into the footer area?

The debug shows that there's 18 third party plugins active, so first thing to do would be to deactivate those to see if any of the missing content comes back. If it does, then it will be a case of turning each plugins on/off to see which is conflicting.

Your debug also shows some other issues which would might want to check out with your host as some of the below are deprecated php features, you also have ajax disabled which some plugins might use. 

Ajax disbled : Yes

PHP Magic Quotes gpc : Yes (bad)

PHP User : Posix functions are disabled on this host!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: features