Photo
- - - - -

Author Link Customization

author link post title

Best Answer knubbl , 22 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

Hi Simon, thanks for the answer. Initially, I did add the Google+ link in my profile but it didn't change anything. What worked however, is to customize the Author page to include the author section (the biography etc.). There, the Google+ link also shows up. Thank you again for the help.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 knubbl

knubbl

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

Hi guys,

I am trying to customize the author link that is by default included below the post title by changing its URL as well as including the rel="me" tag. You have mentioned (here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

) that changing the author URL would require significant coding. However, is there a way around it? Can't it be done without too much coding (simply customizing part of the post loop)?

The reason why I need to change it is Google. In order to get rich snippet excerpts from Google, you need to point to a page that includes your Google+ profile. And I guess more people will soon have the same problem.

Thanks for your time and help!

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

You can add google page links to your author profile already. Just go to the profile edit area in wordpress and add your google page there.

#3 knubbl

knubbl

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:54 PM   Best Answer

Hi Simon, thanks for the answer. Initially, I did add the Google+ link in my profile but it didn't change anything. What worked however, is to customize the Author page to include the author section (the biography etc.). There, the Google+ link also shows up. Thank you again for the help.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: author, link, post title