Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Author Link Customization

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi guys,

I am trying to customize the author link that is by default included below the post title by changing its URL as well as including the rel="me" tag. You have mentioned (here http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/24354-change-author-page/?hl=author) that changing the author URL would require significant coding. However, is there a way around it? Can't it be done without too much coding (simply customizing part of the post loop)?

The reason why I need to change it is Google. In order to get rich snippet excerpts from Google, you need to point to a page that includes your Google+ profile. And I guess more people will soon have the same problem.

Thanks for your time and help!

2 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Simon, thanks for the answer. Initially, I did add the Google+ link in my profile but it didn't change anything. What worked however, is to customize the Author page to include the author section (the biography etc.). There, the Google+ link also shows up. Thank you again for the help.

Posted · Report post

You can add google page links to your author profile already. Just go to the profile edit area in wordpress and add your google page there.