Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Facebook All-in-One Getting 404 on Pagelines Page options

Question

Posted · Report post

Since I added Facebook AIO, I'm getting a 404 whenever I click Pagelines>>>Page Options. I have saved my permalinks and contacted my host provider about mod-security. They say their mod_security is a top-down feature on their entire server and can't change it.

URL http://suburbanmillennial.com/

Any ideas?

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Yes mod_security IS server wide, it is an apache module they have installed.

You can however add per folder directives either with htaccess ( if they have it enabled ) or via the vhost settings in httpd.conf.

Being a web host they should already know this.

Posted · Report post

How many other sections do you have active?

Usually the page options 404 is because PHP added a limit to the amount of options allowed in a post object, the default is 1000.

This can be adjusted via .htaccess/php.ini depending on your host.

If it WAS mod_sec then your host would be able to tell us the error by looking at their audit log. Which is why i dont think it is that because either there was nothing in the logs, or they dont know where to look ;)

Posted · Report post

I only have 3 active sections. Branding, Simplicitate menu and secondary nav which I'm not even using.

How do I adjust htaccess/php.ini ? or rather - What line do I adjust and what value?

Posted · Report post

Ist you need to get your host to look at the PHP logs and find out from the logs what is causing the error. 

Posted · Report post

Please let us know if you still need assistance, otherwise I will close this topic in 7 days. Thanks!

@MrFent I'd recommend asking Simon about that in developer chat. :)

Posted · Report post

Ok - I just caused the error. My host provider gave me this:

[Fri May 17 09:17:18 2013] [error] [client 67.86.220.183] ModSecurity: Output filter: Failed to read bucket (rc 70007): The timeout specified has expired [hostname "suburbanmillennial.com"] [uri "/wp-admin/admin.php"] [unique_id "UZZJ@tHsRz8ADUolCVMAAAAV"]

Posted · Report post

The only thing i can find on google is that the page is taking too long to load.

You can get mod_security turned off per folder, depends how they have it setup.

Posted · Report post

So the site itself is taking too long? 

The mod security thing is what I started out with. They said Mod_security is set for the entire server and they can't change it for one folder. Have you ever heard of that? I don't know what else to tell them to do.

Thanks for your help on this.

Posted · Report post

Simon, do you think if I broke up the three facebook modes into three separate sections, it would fix it because each section would have fewer options?