Photo
Citi Theme

Change height of theme breaks

Best Answer beardedavenger , 19 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

I opened up inspector, and changed the height within 1 second. Of course it can be done, and is really, really basic CSS. .citi-img-wrap, it's height is 300. I changed it to 600, and works just as you'd expect. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 progressive01

progressive01

Advanced Member

• Members

• 79 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

Hi,

I am using citi theme and want to specify the height of the image breaks used. I have tried many options and really looked into the CSS, I have got the masthead working OK, but the breaks are just baffleing me.

I can get the break space to go to a set height with the code

.citi-break-4 {height: 500px !important;}

but the image stays the same height. I would really appreciate some help to solve this. Here is the site (still in draft mode)

with the first break showing the issue.

Any help greatly appreciated

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

Admin note: moved into the Theme developer forum

#3 progressive01

progressive01

Advanced Member

• Members

• 79 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

Admin note: moved into the Theme developer forum

Hi James,

Nick has said he does not have the capcity to answer such questions on his products - understandably. Can I please ask it is returned to general forum as I have had similar questions answered there in the past when using the base theme. I really have tried heaps of options and I am only doing as a last resort - maybe it just isn't possible but would appreciate some help.

#4 progressive01

progressive01

Advanced Member

• Members

• 79 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

Not to worry, I have changed the layout so that the breaks no longer span the entire width to mitigate againist this. 

#5 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

I recommend you use inspector and learn some CSSS so you can adjust the things you need.

#6 progressive01

progressive01

Advanced Member

• Members

• 79 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

Thanks Nick - it was really a last resort asking. Hopefully all the sites I have built using pageines and the heaps of products I buy show this as I ask rarely unless really stuck. I had just started to wonder if this was possible.

But I have resolved through a layout change, which works really well when you have images as breaks that need a larger amount shown on a larger screen to look effective, i.e. if a subject matter not a pattern.

I really like this theme.

Marked as resolved.

#7 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:02 PM   Best Answer

I opened up inspector, and changed the height within 1 second. Of course it can be done, and is really, really basic CSS. .citi-img-wrap, it's height is 300. I changed it to 600, and works just as you'd expect. 

#8 progressive01

progressive01

Advanced Member

• Members

• 79 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

Thank you, very simple I agree.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Citi Theme